Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Doubled jabbed and apparently I know have to wait 28 days before I can get the booster and flu jab. Surgery are now saying they aren’t doing any more flu or boosters after next week.
Are the walk in centres ongoing, then maybe praxis boosting is not the thing to do anymore. No idea about flu, got mine already but seen a couple of pharmacies with signs they are out.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are the walk in centres ongoing, then maybe praxis boosting is not the thing to do anymore. No idea about flu, got mine already but seen a couple of pharmacies with signs they are out.

Not concerned about booster as HID is a volunteer at one (when she’s back on the road) and she will be able to sort me, it’s missing the flu jab what is more concerning for me.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
www.hiltonpark.net
This looks like a good drug, but antiviral treatment is a much less satisfactory approach than prevention. It is unlikely that this drug will have the same proportional effect on efficacy and almost certainly not on tolerability.
With such a large rollout how concerned will they be about drug resistant strains?

Visit site
In Nice in France at the moment - over to get my booster dose this morning (as I'm having my vaccines in France rather than Italy for various reasons)
I had J&J single dose back in July - and everyone getting that here was recommended to get a Pfizer booster before the end of the year
In and out in 20 minutes - no problems so far
Even gave me an updated EU vaccine certificate so I can update the green pass Apps etc

Sometimes I love the French :p

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spain at its best. Some will remember how much fun I had sorting out my jab. Recently announced that the over 65’s will be getting their booster providing there’s a 6 months gap since their 2nd jab.

I’m 63, and it’s 3-4 months since my second jab. Just received notification of my booster for next week. HID hasn’t heard about her booster, and it’s 6 months since her 2nd jab.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spain at its best. Some will remember how much fun I had sorting out my jab. Recently announced that the over 65’s will be getting their booster providing there’s a 6 months gap since their 2nd jab.

I’m 63, and it’s 3-4 months since my second jab. Just received notification of my booster for next week. HID hasn’t heard about her booster, and it’s 6 months since her 2nd jab.
It is obvious who wears the trousers in your house! Hope everything is good in Almeria

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see Pfizer has one now that is around 95% effective in preventing death and hospitalisation in vunerable people.

Almost. Looks interesting, though.

The scheduled interim analysis showed an 89% reduction in risk of COVID-19-related hospitalization or death from any cause compared to placebo in patients treated within three days of symptom onset (primary endpoint); 0.8% of patients who received PAXLOVID™ were hospitalized through Day 28 following randomization (3/389 hospitalized with no deaths), compared to 7.0% of patients who received placebo and were hospitalized or died (27/385 hospitalized with 7 subsequent deaths). The statistical significance of these results was high (p<0.0001). Similar reductions in COVID-19-related hospitalization or death were observed in patients treated within five days of symptom onset; 1.0% of patients who received PAXLOVID™ were hospitalized through Day 28 following randomization (6/607 hospitalized, with no deaths), compared to 6.7% of patients who received a placebo (41/612 hospitalized with 10 subsequent deaths), with high statistical significance (p<0.0001). In the overall study population through Day 28, no deaths were reported in patients who received PAXLOVID™ as compared to 10 (1.6%) deaths in patients who received placebo.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Colleagues wedding last Saturday. 130 guests. 35 positive (and rising) cases so far. They are not sure if it was staff or a guest that has caused the fallout

Last edited: