Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People across all age ranges seem to be acting irresponsibly, I expect nothing else and it's why some sensible precautions need putting in place for all of us.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People across all age ranges seem to be acting irresponsibly, I expect nothing else and it's why some sensible precautions need putting in place for all of us.

Time for people to do what they feel right. If you are worried stay away. If you want to wear a mask, do so. If you don't them don't.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely if you are so concerned about a new variant you would be all for not vaccinating our children (very low risk) and actually sending all the vaccines we are using to ensure we are okay to nations who are falling so far behind in their vaccination race? We know that the virus doesn't have any geographical boundaries and so by allowing those countries so little access (relatively speaking) to the vaccine means that it stands a far greater chance of appearing there than it does here. There is also the moral question of whether we should be helping protect other countries vulnerable rather than giving to all those in our country who remain lightly touched by the virus.

Get off that high horse carefully before you fall off. Stopping vaccinating adolescents will not change the amount of vaccine available to developing countries, which is determined by political will not supplies. Plenty of AZ available for shipping overseas now that it has been sidelined.

But in the specific, new variants experience more selective evolutionary pressure in settings where there is partial vaccination but still a decent unvaccinated population.The vaccinated proportion drives development towards variants that evade vaccination. So, to answer your whataboyttery question, no.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Get off that high horse carefully before you fall off. Stopping vaccinating adolescents will not change the amount of vaccine available to developing countries, which is determined by political will not supplies. Plenty of AZ available for shipping overseas now that it has been sidelined.

But in the specific, new variants experience more selective evolutionary pressure in settings where there is partial vaccination but still a decent unvaccinated population.The vaccinated proportion drives development towards variants that evade vaccination. So, to answer your whataboyttery question, no.

If there was anyone on this forum who should not be accusing others of being on a high horse it is your good self ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there was anyone on this forum who should not be accusing others of being on a high horse it is your good self ?

I can provide scientific information and data interpretation, you seem only to stick with whatabouttery. On the high horse charge, you were the one citing moral considerations from your pulpit of limited knowledge but strong and fixed opinions.

Tell me where I am wrong in the comments on variant evolution in partially vaccinated populations. Before doing so, google recent comments by various SAGE members and others saying the same.

D

Deleted member 1147

It's affecting me in that I have caught it, as have my parents.
I'm not too bad, except for being knackered, and being concerned that it'll affect my asthma or laryngospasm.

My Mum has been taken to hospital today, as she also has CLL a form of cancer and is thus being adversely affected due to that.
My Dad is ok.

So basically it's been a very worrying few days. You try as you might to avoid it, but somehow one of us caught it and spread it (and none of us are Kids, so it's not only the, at fault)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm not too bad, except for being knackered, and being concerned that it'll affect my asthma or laryngospasm.

My Mum has been taken to hospital today, as she also has CLL a form of cancer and is thus being adversely affected due to that.
My Dad is ok.

So basically it's been a very worrying few days. You try as you might to avoid it, but somehow one of us caught it and spread it (and none of us are Kids, so it's not only the, at fault)

Not a good read James. All the best

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

My Dad is ok.

Take care James...hope it all works out..(y)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Groundhog Day. Again. ?

Indeed. Ding ding and you appear with your cust

My Dad is ok.

James

That is tough. The docs treating your mum will be experienced in protecting CLL and other similar patients against infections of all sorts, so hopefully she will do OK. Some people with diseases like that don't respond as well to vaccination, so they may give her some other stuff (like the stuff Trump got) to protect her in another way.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

My Dad is ok.

My best wishes to you and yours, James.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

My Dad is ok.

Hope it all works out James, best wishes.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week had 2 LFC negative tests (Mon-Fri) and 1 negative PCR test (Tue). Sunday coovided and positive PCR. I had no symptoms to start and the wife had what seemed like a heavy cold. Both now in the heavy cold stage.

I wonder how many are now not bothering to test and put things down to a cold.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last week had 2 LFC negative tests (Mon-Fri) and 1 negative PCR test (Tue). Sunday coovided and positive PCR. I had no symptoms to start and the wife had what seemed like a heavy cold. Both now in the heavy cold stage.

You may well have a point. My wife takes 2 LF tests a week for work to be allowed on sites etc. All were negative but she had a nasty 'cold' for a couple of weeks which could well have been more. I had no symptoms aside from being really tired last week (put that down to a really tough few weeks at work).

If that was covid, and I guess we will never know, then massive thumbs up to the vaccines as if htat is as bad as it gets for those double jabbed (we are both nearing 50) then I am over the moon.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
You may well have a point. My wife takes 2 LF tests a week for work to be allowed on sites etc. All were negative but she had a nasty 'cold' for a couple of weeks which could well have been more. I had no symptoms aside from being really tired last week (put that down to a really tough few weeks at work).

If that was covid, and I guess we will never know, then massive thumbs up to the vaccines as if htat is as bad as it gets for those double jabbed (we are both nearing 50) then I am over the moon.

Doubled jabbed and apparently I know have to wait 28 days before I can get the booster and flu jab. Surgery are now saying they aren’t doing any more flu or boosters after next week.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Had so many come in with colds and go it's not covid I did a test (lateral flow)

That's not how it works ..