Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But they have been vaccinated, the kids haven't.

The older people are safe because they are vaccinated and the kids have very, very low risk so there was always likely to be a lower take up of vaccinations imo. The way it’s going that age group will all have natural immunity before long anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There is a difference between the old boys and the young kids though, the old boys are all probably 3 x vaxxed and the kids no vax at all. And as 1 in 5 12-15 year olds have only had one vax, it's no surprise cases are still high.
In my experience, the schoolkids in our local Tesco act as if Covid has gone.

Bob am not getting into an arguement with anyone on here, what I will say is it is sad that you have explain why there is an obvious difference between the young and old. The thing makes makes me smile is the first comment to my post is “ that is garbage” then later it is “ can you blame them”. ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure I can see the difference between age groups. The double/treble jabbed aren't observing mask-wearing and social-distancing because they feel safe and protected from Covid. The youngsters aren't observing mask-wearing and social-distancing because they don't feel Covid is likely to affect them...so they feel safe and protected by their age...

For me neither is worse than the other.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
And how are they going to get the immunity, by catching Covid and surviving?

Yes. Your comment of 'surviving' makes it sound as though they'll have to battle a life threatening illness and only the fittest will come out the other side. Fortunately the youngest are rarely affected and are more likely to be asymptomatic so Covid probably will sweep through classrooms etc and they will catch it and gain natural immunity in the short term.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bob am not getting into an arguement with anyone on here, what I will say is it is sad that you have explain why there is an obvious difference between the young and old. The thing makes makes me smile is the first comment to my post is “ that is garbage” then later it is “ can you blame them”. ?

My 'garbage' comment was aimed at your opinion that it was the young that are solely to blame for the present state of Covid and how they are the ones ignoring the basic guidelines. In my experience it isn't any one age range, it is a particular attitude type that crosses all age ranges/genders/ethnicities, you cannot lay the blame on anything at the door of any one group of people.

The comment of 'can you blame them' was purely that they are in close contact with their friends all day in a pretty confined space and so why expect them to act any differently when they are outside of the classroom? You also have to remember that out of all age groups the youngest have been and will be affected far more and over a longer period than any other age group.

Last edited:

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
During Xmas me and Missis T decided we would not be Visiting our parents. Even thought Boris said we could. Suffice to say we caught COVID off my lad who caught it in either Wales, Essex or Kent. He is a class one lorry driver. If we had gone to either parents. I am convinced we could of wiped out our parents. My lad was devastated he passed it on.
Now his thoughts are it has gone on long enough and we should now be living normal lives. Suffice to say I am livid and that’s keeping it nice. The young generation quite frankly do not give two hoots.[/QUOTE
Were you not in Mexico when we had our outbreak? ??‍♂️
As for the young generation - I won’t start with it but I will reiterate that that is garbage - every generation we are seeing acts of foolishness in regards to not caring about others, no need to put an age on it.
During Xmas me and Missis T decided we would not be Visiting our parents. Even thought Boris said we could. Suffice to say we caught COVID off my lad who caught it in either Wales, Essex or Kent. He is a class one lorry driver. If we had gone to either parents. I am convinced we could of wiped out our parents. My lad was devastated he passed it on.
Now his thoughts are it has gone on long enough and we should now be living normal lives. Suffice to say I am livid and that’s keeping it nice. The young generation quite frankly do not give two hoots.

Were you not in Mexico when we had our outbreak? ??‍♂️ A bit pot and kettle.
As for the young generation - I won’t start with it but I will reiterate that that is garbage - every generation we are seeing acts of foolishness in regards to not caring about others, no need to put an age on it.

D

Deleted member 15344

My 'garbage' comment was aimed at your opinion that it was the young that are solely to blame for the present state of Covid and how they are the ones ignoring the basic guidelines. In my experience is isn't any one age range, it is a particular attitude type that crosses all age ranges/genders/ethnicities, you cannot lay the blame on anything at the door of any one group of people.

The comment of 'can you blame them' was purely that they are in close contact with their friends all day in a pretty confined space and so why expect them to act any differently when they are outside of the classroom? You also have to remember that out of all age groups the youngest have been and will be affected far more and over a longer period than any other age group.

People will always clearly look and point fingers at their opposites

My daughters school has had two years closed through for a week each - reason why , teachers getting Covid and vaccinated Teachers at that .

Take the golf club as an example - which group wanted to remove tee bookings and then pile down to the tee in groups and huddle around - the seniors

But then take pubs and clubs etc and it’s younger people huddled together

Maybe it’s time for people to put away the Covid police badges and stop pointing fingers at how others are acting and lumping groups together even more so when the same people in the past wanted to ignore Covid for the sun - there will always be people who want to ignore the virus and move on in life and that’s regardless of age , just take solace in your own actions and do your bit - can never control how others act

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not sure I can see the difference between age groups. The double/treble jabbed aren't observing mask-wearing and social-distancing because they feel safe and protected from Covid. The youngsters aren't observing mask-wearing and social-distancing because they don't feel Covid is likely to affect them...so they feel safe and protected by their age...

For me neither is worse than the other.

I was in London last weekend with the grandchildren at a show. Round China Town area it was rammed, hardly any masks worn there, or at the theatre, or on the underground or train - no wonder numbers are rising

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
And how are they going to get the immunity, by catching Covid and surviving?

I'm not an expert on Covid-19, I'll leave that others but I have spent the last 18 months sat in an empty house doing my bit and unless LP has been put in charge, I'm still allowed an opinion which I will give and if that lumps me in with the Covid police, so be it.
I'm out

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm not an expert on Covid-19, I'll leave that others but I have spent the last 18 months sat in an empty house doing my bit and unless LP has been put in charge, I'm still allowed an opinion which I will give and if that lumps me in with the Covid police, so be it.
I'm out

Apologies, you asked a question and I gave an answer, there was no attempt to say that you were not allowed an opinion.

Leftitshort

Visit site
Hypocrisy is everywhere. Posted earlier on this thread about his summer trip to Devon. moaning about lack of mask wearing. If he’s that bothered stay a home.
blaming the kids is an extension of vaccinate the kids! State endorsed gaslighting

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Hypocrisy is everywhere. Posted earlier on this thread about his summer trip to Devon. moaning about lack of mask wearing. If he’s that bothered stay a home.
blaming the kids is an extension of vaccinate the kids! State endorsed gaslighting

Do I take it then you don't agree with children having the vaccine.
It has been said that the vaccinated don't spread the virus as much as the unvaccinated.
Kids, by their nature, will spread the virus more, so maybe if vaccinated those ones will spread it less?
Are you saying that you think vaccinated kids will spread it as much as unvaccinated kids?
If so, same would apply to adults?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do I take it then you don't agree with children having the vaccine.
It has been said that the vaccinated don't spread the virus as much as the unvaccinated.
Kids, by their nature, will spread the virus more, so maybe if vaccinated those ones will spread it less?
Are you saying that you think vaccinated kids will spread it as much as unvaccinated kids?
If so, same would apply to adults?

I think it depends on what age range that we’re talking about. My daughter is 7yrs old and the jury is out for me whether she would get the vaccine. The health risk to her from Covid are negligible and the risks from the vaccine are unknown so, from a selfish point of view, I would be leaning towards not having it at the moment.

I have absolutely no issues if other parents want their 5yrs and above to have it, should be completely down to parental choice and no pressure should be put on them to do or not do a vaccination.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think it depends on what age range that we’re talking about. My daughter is 7yrs old and the jury is out for me whether she would get the vaccine. The health risk to her from Covid are negligible and the risks from the vaccine are unknown so, from a selfish point of view, I would be leaning towards not having it at the moment.

I have absolutely no issues if other parents want their 5yrs and above to have it, should be completely down to parental choice and no pressure should be put on them to do or not do a vaccination.

I certainly won’t be taking my 4 year old to get the vaccine yet - not sure it’s been fully tested for children that age yet. She will be having the flu one next week I believe

Leftitshort

Visit site
I won’t get my healthy teenage boys vaccinated. I’m not an anti vaxxer. I’ve had covid, been double jabbed, mainly because of work & the threat of vaccine passports. my kids have had it at least once & are tested twice a week.

It’s their choice but I’m not encouraging them to get vaxxed. Maybe Ethan could argue against the threat of post vaccination myocardis, but in teenage boys the risks outweigh the benefits imo

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

That’s correct and at the time the government allowed me to go. The same as it allows people to go on its holidays now ??