Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

I'm certainly worried about flu season this year. I've got my first proper cold in around 18 months and it's completely floored me. Was in bed all day yesterday and looking the same today. Trying to do anything just wipes me out and I have to sit down. I assume it's because I've not been exposed to anything due to masks and social distancing that my immune system wasn't ready for this bug to get through.

I'm certainly worried about flu season this year. I've got my first proper cold in around 18 months and it's completely floored me. Was in bed all day yesterday and looking the same today. Trying to do anything just wipes me out and I have to sit down. I assume it's because I've not been exposed to anything due to masks and social distancing that my immune system wasn't ready for this bug to get through.
Man Flu is a nightmare.
Take it easy.

You won't get me near a plane for at least a year
Well Bob Ryanair were extremely good. Face masks on all the way on the flight, no standing in corridors waiting for the loo. helped that the plane was less than 50% full.

The downside was ‘ kids’ around 30 not wearing masks on the bus from the plane to the terminal. Totally irresponsible

Younger Colch jnr has been off school all week with a cough. School won't let him back without a negative PCR test. Took him yesterday and had one myself as I've also got a cough. We're waiting for the results to come back, hopefully later today. The question I've got is, as we've got symptoms should we be isolating until the results come back? As it happens neither of us has left the house since Monday, apart from the test yesterday, but I need to go shopping today. Under the rules do I have to wait until I get a negative result before I go out?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Younger Colch jnr has been off school all week with a cough. School won't let him back without a negative PCR test. Took him yesterday and had one myself as I've also got a cough. We're waiting for the results to come back, hopefully later today. The question I've got is, as we've got symptoms should we be isolating until the results come back? As it happens neither of us has left the house since Monday, apart from the test yesterday, but I need to go shopping today. Under the rules do I have to wait until I get a negative result before I go out?
Yes, you should self-isolate until you get a negative test result.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
A musician friend caught Covid, while playing at a small but very busy venue . Fortunately he has been double jabbed, he's now isolating and only has mild symptoms so far.
BTW I refused to go to the gig because the venue was so small PHEW !!