Considering upgrading my clubs

jackj321

Visit site
Hi all,

I am relatively new here, so I am wondering if someone can help me.

I currently use TM Burner 2.0 (driver, 3 wood, hybrid, 3-SW and Ghost putter) which I know that my set is quite old now and I think I am due an upgrade. I have been with TM for a while now but to be quite honest I am not keen on their new range.

I have been looking at the Titleist range for a long time now but I am not sure where to look. My golf club said to me they will give me a discount as well as beating the price from major retailers, such as AG. However, I am aware that AG provides a trade in service. Does that mean I could get money off towards the new set or am I able to get the cash if I decided to look elsewhere? Is the AM trade in service any good?

What other options should I consider?

Thank you in advance,
Jack

Mods: Please move this post to other section, if necessary.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Welcome to the Madhouse!

AG trade in can be a good way of upgrading, as can using Golfbidder or other 2nd hand traders.
You're likely to get less worth from these places compared to, say, eBay or Gumtree but there will be less hassle and no fees. Trade in will probably be against new clubs purchased from them..
eBay is a favourite of many as the sheer number of potential buyers is huge.
But there are dangers - there are dodgy buyers as well as sellers and there will be eBay and, probably, PayPal fees on top of your sale. You'll also have to post clubs unless they can be collected
Worth doing some legwork on the keyboard..Suss out the going rate on eBay and Golfbidder, then see what AG can do.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi, welcome to this mad house of a forum!

I think you'll find that the AG trade in deal has finished now. Personally I'd now use my pro if he's going to do a really competitive price, especially if he'll custom fit without an extra charge.

jackj321

Visit site
Welcome to the Madhouse!

AG trade in can be a good way of upgrading, as can using Golfbidder or other 2nd hand traders.
You're likely to get less worth from these places compared to, say, eBay or Gumtree but there will be less hassle and no fees. Trade in will probably be against new clubs purchased from them..
eBay is a favourite of many as the sheer number of potential buyers is huge.
But there are dangers - there are dodgy buyers as well as sellers and there will be eBay and, probably, PayPal fees on top of your sale. You'll also have to post clubs unless they can be collected
Worth doing some legwork on the keyboard..Suss out the going rate on eBay and Golfbidder, then see what AG can do.

Thank you.

I have used Golfbidder in the past and in my honest opinion, some of their quotes for items are a joke. The set I currently have, whilst been used a fair amount, they are still in a very good condition. In addition, sites like eBay or Gumtree can be a hit or miss. Some of the prices seem way too good to be true, which makes you question whether they are counterfeit or not. I would buy them online due to the price difference but would be prepared to spend extra amount at retailers I know.

Also, is there a limit to the amount of sets you are allowed to trade in at AG? I am asking as my first set, an old Callaway set is sitting in my cupboard.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you anywhere near Swindon or Corsham? Tony Valentine does a good trade in deal and you can get a gift card if you aren't buying. Great range of clubs and friendly staff

jackj321

Visit site
Are you anywhere near Swindon or Corsham? Tony Valentine does a good trade in deal and you can get a gift card if you aren't buying. Great range of clubs and friendly staff

Hi Neilds,

I am based in Hertfordshire so I wouldn't consider myself near to those places, but thank you anyway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you fancied a trip around the M25 Golfbidder are not far from the Leatherhead junction. I've often got an online quote and them taken the clubs in personally and always got a fair whack more in store. I know they also do a limited try and return policy (14 days I think but don't quote me) and I wouldn't buy any clubs I hadn't hit first but that's just a personal choice.

And welcome to the madness. Where do you play?

jackj321

Visit site
If you fancied a trip around the M25 Golfbidder are not far from the Leatherhead junction. I've often got an online quote and them taken the clubs in personally and always got a fair whack more in store. I know they also do a limited try and return policy (14 days I think but don't quote me) and I wouldn't buy any clubs I hadn't hit first but that's just a personal choice.

And welcome to the madness. Where do you play?

Hi Homer,

Thank you.

I play at Bushey Country Club, mainly due to the price of the membership as it is quite cheap. I accept that it is a 9 hole course (with two separate tee boxes on each hole), but the facilities are good in my opinion. Also, as I have been playing here for about 5 years, I know the staff very well, they are prepared to be competitive in terms of pricing if I decide to upgrade my set.

Jack