Consecutive Par 3's

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The front 9 at Hennerton has 5 par 3's. even has 3 in a row. No par 5's and the longest par 4 is only around 325 yards. The back 9 is completely normal in terms of pars and lengths. I like playing the course as a short hitter.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Boundary Lakes (the course adjacent to the Ageas Bowl cricket ground) has the 10th and 11th as consecutive par 3's. Although its a temporary lay out at the moment and is likely to change.

TigerBear

Visit site
Boring and lack of variety for me personally. Wedges and irons are my main strength. 3 in the space of 4 holes, no thanks.

RichA

Visit site
I played North Wales GC on Monday. There are consecutive par 3s near the end of the round, 16 and 17, I think. They were both really interesting holes and I commented at the time that I'd happily play a course with 18 interesting, technical par 3s of that standard.

AussieKB

Visit site
I remember playing Ampfield in Hampshire many years ago, 18 par 3's of various lengths, had an enjoyable day to shoot level par,
hit every club in the bag except driver.

If you get a chance it is well worth it.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Think it would all depend on how different the back to back par 3’s were.

Just played West Sussex and the 5th and 6th are par 3’s but couldn’t be more different. I’d be a member there in a heartbeat.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Think it would all depend on how different the back to back par 3’s were.

Just played West Sussex and the 5th and 6th are par 3’s but couldn’t be more different. I’d be a member there in a heartbeat.
I'd love them to open up the original par 4 tee on the 6th. but the pair as 2 par 3s is excellent. Helps I par'd them last time I was there!

I'm there next week and can't wait. it's my absolute favourite course hands down.

samthom99

Visit site
Me and my old man played a course near Conwy once when we were on holiday and that had 2 consecutive par 3's. I thought it was strange but quite fun. I cant think of the name of the course though.

RichA

Visit site
Me and my old man played a course near Conwy once when we were on holiday and that had 2 consecutive par 3's. I thought it was strange but quite fun. I cant think of the name of the course though.
Prob as mentioned in #47.
First one is a blind shot into a bowl in the rocks; second is dropping the ball onto a green 130 yards away and 50 feet below in lively wind.

samthom99

Visit site
Prob as mentioned in #47.
First one is a blind shot into a bowl in the rocks; second is dropping the ball onto a green 130 yards away and 50 feet below in lively wind.
Ah yes that's the one, i never seen your post. I only read the 1st page and replied. We played North Wales and Conwy.

The Lion

Visit site
That’ll be my club North Wales. The back nine is one of the best and most fun out there tbh.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Thorney Park again recently, that has three par 3s within four holes. The 7th is over a large lake, the 8th is uphill to a two-tier green, and the 10th is slightly longer, but as you cross a small road to get there and it starts the back nine I guess you don't really notice or feel like it's a lot of par 3s. And then you don't get another par 3 until the 17th.