Confidence

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the OP isn't getting good contact, the club isn't returning to the same place as it was at address.
Think of the body as a clock pendulum, the head being to top of the pendulum.
If the top of the pendulum stays in the same place, the bottom WILL return to it's starting position.
Keep the head still and the club should return to its starting position.

That said, I agree there are other possible causes for poor contact but stopping the top half of the body moving around would help 95% of the people with problems.

All true
However regards the op and not just people who sway there could be so many reasons why people sway.
Tight back and tight hips or someone protecting an injury are more likely because they find it hard to turn,hence they sway.

Because the op was doing so many range sessions and was new to the game I would think he was over doing it.
Only an observation from the questions I ask him.

You didn’t ask any questions?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good advice. Normally I find if my contact has gone to pieces, it's usually swaying causing it. I find that trying to firm up my left side (where the legs are concerned) helps me stay centered over the ball.

Agreed Smiffy, if my contact goes AWOL the first thing I do is stand stock still and hit without any sway and almost always that works for me, but i do agree with Bob that keeping the head still is a good thing to concentrate on

jamiet7682

Visit site
The exact same happened to me after my best ever lesson, I put it down to tiredness, had been working a lot, driving loads and had been at the range 3 nights a week.

Head just wasn't in it, think i hit 4 balls out of 50.

Sully

Visit site
Went back to the range today, overall a much better session. However I have definitely done something to my back . Probably a consequence of poor technique or going 4 days on the trot last week.

I’ve got a pain along the left side and can’t turn as easily , feel tighter .

I’m starting lessons next week .
thank you for all your replies , much appreciated .

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
1579215375235.png
This is a typical golfers start, red line is expectation, green line is reality (The time axis is not linear, its varies as it goes as everyone is different)

Often your head is free, you start well and feel good, then expectation rises fast!

After a short time you play more and you realise there is more to the game. Sometime here you start to try harder (bringing out the faults in your game) to keep up with your expectation and take a big step back.

Eventually your expectation and reality meet, either you expect less or you get better. From then you either either expect too much again or choose to accept you are where you are.

Once expectation and reality come together you should take the pressure off, practice and keep that green line trending upwards. You cant just will yourself to be better, you have to ground yourself in reality. For me this manifests in my gameplan.