Competition fees

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all, at our club we pay entry fees in cash and any winnings go on our club card. I was wondering how many of your clubs allow you to pay entries from your club card. Cheers

D

Deleted Member 1156

We only allow entry fees by club card, no cash.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had just installed new POE terminals for comp entry where entry fees would be automatically be taken from your bar card. We only managed one comp before lockdown but it seemed to go ok.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most people do not use their club card at my place these days, besides money put on your card goes to the bar/catering that is a franchise.

I imagine we could pay entries on our bank card in the pro shop rather than cash. Two tills in there. One for club income (guests and visitors etc.) and one for pro shop sales.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Our comp fees are taken automatically when you book the tee time. Likewise if you cancel before the day you are refunded automatically. It won't let you book if you don't have enough funds in the account.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours is all cash or pro shop account as the club card can only be used in the bar. Not ideal when you wake up on a Saturday morning and realise that you have no cash on you (I live in a small village with no cash point for several miles).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Comp fees put me off playing in comps. Sue it great to win now and again but I'm always right out of pocket by the end of the year. This season I have made the decision to only play three comps, or whatever it is to keep H/C and sod it. Where I play at I cannot play to my H/C in comps as the white tees are miles back.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The club card can be used anywhere in the club - comp fees, proshop purchases and driving range, and bar/catering. It cannot be used to pay annual membership fees in November. There is a sliding scale discount for use of the card which resets to 5% on 1st November and the discount rate rises at various points as you use the card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Up until the 31st march all winnings went on our proshop account.

The club took over the proshop on the 1st April so I expect we will get notified as to what will happen when the club reopens.

All comp entries have to paid by our club card which has to be in credit by topping up with cash or card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Comp fees put me off playing in comps. Sue it great to win now and again but I'm always right out of pocket by the end of the year. This season I have made the decision to only play three comps, or whatever it is to keep H/C and sod it. Where I play at I cannot play to my H/C in comps as the white tees are miles back.

The requirement to play 3 comps a year is not to keep your handicap it is to give you competition status which enables you to enter comps. This all ends this year anyway.

Where I play you could not get a game every other Monday morning unless you play in the comp. Seniors Mondays comps are virtually always oversubscribed. Mind you all you have to do is get one two in the round and you get the entry fee back.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had just installed new POE terminals for comp entry where entry fees would be automatically be taken from your bar card. We only managed one comp before lockdown but it seemed to go ok.
We use this system it’s great.
But you must stay in credit or your booking is denied.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All done via our card. Comp fees taken as well as all food and drink. We now have the option to even top up online as well. Made life a lot easier and now no excuses for not having enough balance on the card to enter comps (has happened)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
stamp machine in locker room, one stamp =£2 put against your name and chosen tee time. Winnings paid out on presentation night, all cash

You all professionals where you play then.

Cash Prizes
An amateur golfer must not play golf for prize money (Rule 3-1). If a cash prize is offered, all those competing in the competition would be in breach of the Rules, not just the players who accept a cash prize.

sunshine

Visit site
Where I play at I cannot play to my H/C in comps as the white tees are miles back.

Sounds like your handicap is wrong, a series of 0.1 increases isn't going to do enough to help. Maybe ask for a review?

Under the new world system the answer would be to play more competitions so the average accurately reflects your ability.