Colmworth Golf Club

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has played and has an views on the course.

It looks nice enough on the website and I've booked a fourball for sunday which works out as £16.25 each which I can't argue with.

Anyone played it?

Regards

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
played it a couple of times, it's only about 15 minutes from me. last time I played it there was snow/frost on the ground so no idea of its current condition. It can get wet on a couple of holes down by the lake.

It really depends on what you are expecting. It's not the greatest nor a particularly difficult course, but neither is the worst - that's reserved for Tilsworth.

To my mind it's very much a game of threes - first six, middle six and last six (which are separated from the other 12).
I wouldn't join it but if in need . . .

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the response.

It looks fairly easy yardage wise and the website states the greens are in amazing nick.

The pics of the course on the website look really mature but on google maps it looks very open.

Would you say it was really open? I've played Mowsbury before so if you've played Mowsbury how would you rate against each other?

Thanks in advance

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Colmworth, especially the last six is open - farm field course.

Overall Mowsbury's better, though that odd loop is the least interesting there. at Colmworth it's 13-16 - up and down, low to high, followed by high to low.

12 is a good hole if it isn't too wet underfoot. it's the one with the green tucked in between the lake and pond. to get to 13 from there you have to follow the path between the range and what's marked the osteopathy clinic.

as I said, I wouldn't be a member there but when you want a change and don't want to spend too much

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yikes! Mowsbury being better than somewhere!!

I'm kind of wishing I hadn't booked an online tee time with my card details now!

Think I'd rather play somewhere else!

I'm playing with a couple from Rushden and I'm from Milton Keynes. We wanted a nice course (preferably £20 or less each) close to rushden than MK. Any thoughts?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Overstone Park supposed to be OK Dave, not played there though so second hand info, otherwise Collingtree, thought hats not been in great nick last time I played it

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played overstone a couple of times. It's a nice undulating course with a few interesting holes but it's a bit more expensive than our opposition are wanting to pay.

Not played collingtree yet but my mates dad is a member. It sounds like a nice tight course which would be nice to play.

I think we're looking at course close to Bedford as it's easy for both us and them to get too.

Oh and Fundy, I'm having a couple of issues with the 3rd of March at present. I'm trying to sort them out today so will post on the thread later if I'm not able to play but fingers toes and legs crossed mate :)