Coincidence or correct

dazzaj25

Hacker
Visit site
Ive been striking the ball pretty well of late, but when it comes to my irons i still lack that bit of consistancy. Went to the range last night and noticed my left knee flex inward quite a bit, never really noticed it before, so i tried to take the excess flex out of my knee to just a little to still allow me to turn correctly, low and behold my iron play was so much more consistant, now is this a common fault or was it just coincidence? or just the fact concentrating on my knee took my mind of my swing??

:)

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Depends on what you mean by inwards if you mean forwards yes this can be a problem if you mean towards the middle of your stance not a problem - The reason it helped is possibly more to do with you focusing on one thing and not being over technical with everything else.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Your left knee should move a little forward and a little to the right.

If you go excessively forward or exessively right then you're going to have problems either way. Your left knee hitting your right knee on the way is always a bad sign :D

Everything in the golf swing has parameters. Not too flat - not too steep, not too far back - not too far forward, not too strong - not too weak etc etc. If you stay within 'normal' parameters then you should hit more consistantly. Anything excessive is generally considered inconsistant. You want a stable base to hit from so your knees will move according to the amount of hip rotation that your swing dictates. In the swing you are trying to build up torque, as the shoulders turn the lower body resists, if your lower body is moving into the backswing then there is less torque. The swing is meant to be a rotational movement not a sway to the right then a sway to the left.