Cobra t- rail/Hb launcher turbo hybrid irons experience

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Afternoon all

Does anyone on here play this type of hybrid iron set? What's your experience of them? Does a pitching wedge react like a standard wedge etc? Are they playable (ie stingers, fade/draw)?

Cheers all

Bobthesock

Visit site
Afternoon all

Does anyone on here play this type of hybrid iron set? What's your experience of them? Does a pitching wedge react like a standard wedge etc? Are they playable (ie stingers, fade/draw)?

Cheers all
If you are capable of hitting stingers and shaping the ball I would say these are not the clubs for you

D

Deleted member 18121

If you are capable of hitting stingers and shaping the ball I would say these are not the clubs for you

And that's exactly the misconception about these clubs that I think stops people buying them... ie that they are only for unskilled players.

I've since seem some videos on YouTube that suggest anything but that.

Mandofred

Visit site
I switched from Ping i500 to Sub 70 799 (super duper game improvement irons)......I can hit draws and fades etc. TXG YouTube video came to the conclusion that most amateurs would be better off with these types of clubs.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After talking to my club pro I suggested my pp to try the Cobra T Rail and he has never looked back.
I tried them and even bought a used 6 iron off eBay to really give them a good test. I found them really easy to hit and great fun. However, they launched the ball too high for me. You can flight them but the starting point was too high and for some reason I couldn’t get the same ball speed out of them, so ultimately they weren’t the right club for me.
I would recommend trying them out. I think they are a good option for a much larger demographic of golfers if they only gave them a chance.
As far as I can tell, the wedges react exactly the same as a standard wedge and the large sole makes them great out of the sand. Give them a go. I have to say Cobra are making some great stuff these days.

D

Deleted member 18121

After talking to my club pro I suggested my pp to try the Cobra T Rail and he has never looked back.
I tried them and even bought a used 6 iron off eBay to really give them a good test. I found them really easy to hit and great fun. However, they launched the ball too high for me. You can flight them but the starting point was too high and for some reason I couldn’t get the same ball speed out of them, so ultimately they weren’t the right club for me.
I would recommend trying them out. I think they are a good option for a much larger demographic of golfers if they only gave them a chance.
As far as I can tell, the wedges react exactly the same as a standard wedge and the large sole makes them great out of the sand. Give them a go. I have to say Cobra are making some great stuff these days.
Thanks for the feedback.... I've been playing really well this last 12 months, but have noticed an increasingly low ball flight hence my interest in these. I'll either try and pickup a single club or just bite the bullet and get a set for a try.

Fabia999

Visit site
I bought Cleveland Launcher irons in 2018 after getting fitted for them. At the time I had just gotten into golf and wasn't hitting the ball very high so these were a massive help. I'm now a mid level handicapper and could probably move irons but I have no need. The ball is incredibly easy to pick up and it goes a good distance.

5 and 6 iron look very much like a hybrid, I'm not a fast swinger so don't hit these as often as I find an actual hybrid easier to hit. but 9/PW isn't much different to any other set, slightly fatter so plays very similar. My irons are usually very straight and I don't have a fade/draw and struggle to play it but I'm sure you could get shapes from them.

D

Deleted member 18121

I picked up a set of regular flex graphite shafted Cleveland launcher Hb turbo hybrid irons (5-SW) and have played 2 rounds with them.

Well, they do exactly what I'd read and what I'd been told... They launch properly high, exactly what I wanted and are so easy to hit it does feel like cheating.

Last round I played to 9, so I'm exactly at handicap within 2 rounds.

I think I can even take the banter of hitting a 9 hybrid or a pitching hybrid if they perform this well ??