Cobra One length

D

Deleted member 18121

Did any one play a season and make progress?

I haven't played any competition golf so far this year, so officially you cant see a handicap cut..... but I've had my One lengths for 10/11 months now and I've played some really good stuff since having them. My handicap is 14 and have had rounds playing to 9, 11 a couple of times and 12 that I can remember. Yes I have also had some shockers ie playing to 21/22 but overall I love the clubs and glad I made the change.

I really should go and play a comp or at least do some supplementary cards to see if I hold up under pressure.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting to hear Claude Harman on Sky commentary last night say he uses them.

You have to imagine they will become far more prominent.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If anyone has a set with a regular shaft that they hate and want £100 for then please let me know :D. Think of how you could re-invest that money into a set that could suit you perfectly (y)

D

Deleted member 18121

To those that already have the clubs....have you embraced the wedges and hybrids etc too?

I'm currently One length 3i to PW and then standard length wedges and driver/hybrid.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
To those that already have the clubs....have you embraced the wedges and hybrids etc too?

I'm currently One length 3i to PW and then standard length wedges and driver/hybrid.
How do you find the one length?i bet they’re superb if you struggle with consistency with the long irons ?

D

Deleted member 18121

How do you find the one length?i bet they’re superb if you struggle with consistency with the long irons ?

I really like them. Having the same setup every time whether I'm hitting 3i or PW simplifies life so much....the only thing is that the longer irons do fly a little lower that a "standard" long iron.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really like them. Having the same setup every time whether I'm hitting 3i or PW simplifies life so much....the only thing is that the longer irons do fly a little lower that a "standard" long iron.

They would have to underground to get lower than me hitting a regular 4 iron :ROFLMAO:. I use the word hitting in the loosest sense of course.

D

Deleted member 15717

I really, really am intrigued by the single length irons. I would love to have some for some Forged One Length for an extended period of time. The low flight doesn't bother me, as I can hit it quite high anyway, so might bring me to 'normal' height. It's an expensive experiment though, so a trial set somewhere would be epic

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would love to try a set as well, not great with long irons but I can normally hit a 7 iron well. I struggle with height on long irons so one length might make that problem worse, but then again improved strike might prove the opposite. Also just noticed they do junior one length sets, I think this would be great for juniors to try before they get too used to variable length clubs.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Definitely intrigued by the concept myself.

Not sure I would like it with the PW, from comments I've seen this is where the majority of people struggle with them.

Also, think I would probably go with an 8 iron length over a 7, but would have to test that out properly.

D

Deleted member 18121

Not sure I would like it with the PW, from comments I've seen this is where the majority of people struggle with them.

I'd read that as being a mental challenge....but really its not, just commit to the shot and it goes X yardage. Its that simple.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd read that as being a mental challenge....but really its not, just commit to the shot and it goes X yardage. Its that simple.

Agree. I thought hitting a PW/SW at 7 iron length would be too odd and the distance too long however once you get past the length of shaft the distance shouldn’t be any different to your existing set up. I haven’t had an issue with the PW and have noticed a considerable improvement in my longer irons in the single length format.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Agree. I thought hitting a PW/SW at 7 iron length would be too odd and the distance too long however once you get past the length of shaft the distance shouldn’t be any different to your existing set up. I haven’t had an issue with the PW and have noticed a considerable improvement in my longer irons in the single length format.

Definitely going to be one of my options when I look to get my new set.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are a few sets of everything on ebay, that is not a barometer. What price are they going for? That is the key. Last time I checked, a while ago, the prices were still strong.

Not surprising people will buy and then move these on. They are a different concept and won't suit everyone.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So, I popped out for a look at, and a fitting for the Cobra F7 One length steel clubs. I went with my own TaylorMade 5, 7 and pitching wedge to compare against.

After a warm up I hit, on Flightscope, my clubs against the Cobra's. I have to say that the distances were pretty similar but the dispersion of the Cobra's were definitely tighter and the Cobra 5 iron being the same length as the 7 iron was much easier to hit and i feel that 4,5 and 6 irons would all prove easier. The same setup, distance from the ball and swing seemed a sensible idea and i never struggled to embrace it.

Strangely, the wedge being 7 iron length went really well and the dispersion was negligible. I really thought the extra length above the 7 iron would prove really difficult but i was totally wrong. I came up as regular shaft and 2* up with a midsize grip. I haven't ordered them but I'm seriously considering them

I'd welcome any views?

I didnt like the flight of the wedges when i tried someones wishon one length, but if someone really cant hit 6 5 4 hybrid... then maybe i can see a use.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I saw a YouTube piece by Shawn Clement the other day. Nothing earth shattering, but of interest to those who are thinking about the approach.

An interesting wrinkle is that in his current 'normal' set up he plays 9 thru SW as the same length. I think he said he has short arms !