cobra LD M

28over

Visit site
hi all this is my first post, i'm new to golf been playing around 4-5 months. what i would like is your thoughts on the cobra LD M driver i've just bought one on the advice of a pro at the course i play he said it was aimed at high handicapers to help reduce sliced shots.
i'm hopeing it will last me into a low teen handicap, although my concern is if i use a club to reduce slicing will i be-able to improve my swing and if i do will i start hooking shots with this driver??

thanks

B

birdieman

My advice would be get a neutral driver and learn how to swing correctly especailly as you are a beginner, get those flaws ironed out now whilst you still can! - there are no shortcuts to better golf, good fundamentals and practice.
I wouldn't recommend Cobra either, my experience of their 440SZ was awful. Mind you I have a baffler 2 hybrid which I really like!

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
sounds like a good choice to me. If you are just starting out then an offset driver is great for offering control and forgiveness- by the time you get to the point where you hitting without any hint of a slice you'll probably have your eye on a new driver any way. In the mean time enjoy the forgiveness that the new club provides!

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Hello there 28 over, GM's equipment editor here.

Think you've made a wise choice with your driver. I assume you mean you've got the offset version from what you say, but even if you haven't, we tried this club recently and reckon it's just about one of the easiest to hit drivers ever. Not only that - it's head and face are so huge it just fills you with confidence that you're going to get pretty good results even if your strike isn't always dead centre.

If it is the offset version and your swing changes to eliminate the slice tendency then you may at some future stage need to reconsider. But in the meantime, rest assured that far, far more people hit either a fade or slice with the huge drivers of today because it can sometimes be tricky to square the face at impact - hence the existence of offset models which help on that front.

Who knows - armed with you new driver you may have to change your name to 24over or 20over before you know it

28over

Visit site
thanks for the replys. my driver isn't the offset one again on the advice of the pro i had a lesson with. i'm just hopeing that in time my swing etc will improve and i will be-able to get some concistency in my golf.
best score so far 99. worst 135.