Cobra Fly Z Hybrids

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
Following on from the Hybrids thread I wanted a bit of an opinion..

In my bag I currently have a 22* hybrid, 16.5* fairway wood, then 11* driver. I'm not the longest hitter but I hit my hybrid about 180/185 yards, my driver about 230 and my fairway wood about 100 yards and then 50 to the left or right!

I need something the bridge the gap a bit and I just cannot seem to get to grips with any fairway wood I try - I dont know what it is but I have tried!! When I first bought it I hit it well, nearly as far as my driver from the deck, but I just cannot hit them at all now for some reason.

I was thinking about getting a hybrid around 17* and was looking at the 2-3 Cobra Fly Z hybrid (16-19*). I know it wont be as long as a well struck 4 wood but seeing as I cant hit my 4 wood at all it is bound to be an improvement!

Has anyone else ditched fairway woods for hybrids? did it work for you? fail? Anyone had a hit with the Fly Z hybrids? (not the XL)

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
If the 22 is your go to club out the rough,why not buy a 5 wood in 19 deg. This will be for fairway and tee shots.they are very easy to hit and have a lesson with the club . I'm sure the fly z fairway wood goes from a4 wood to a 6 or 7 wood when adjusted. I have the driver which I like very much.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

In my bag I currently have a 22* hybrid, 16.5* fairway wood, then 11* driver. I'm not the longest hitter but I hit my hybrid about 180/185 yards, my driver about 230 and my fairway wood about 100 yards and then 50 to the left or right!

I need something the bridge the gap a bit and I just cannot seem to get to grips with any fairway wood I try - I dont know what it is but I have tried!! When I first bought it I hit it well, nearly as far as my driver from the deck, but I just cannot hit them at all now for some reason.

I was thinking about getting a hybrid around 17* and was looking at the 2-3 Cobra Fly Z hybrid (16-19*). I know it wont be as long as a well struck 4 wood but seeing as I cant hit my 4 wood at all it is bound to be an improvement!

Has anyone else ditched fairway woods for hybrids? did it work for you? fail? Anyone had a hit with the Fly Z hybrids? (not the XL)

Might be a bit of a long shot but I got a Wilson Fybrid RS at something like 19 degrees for peanuts and it is a great club as I struggle with fairway woods off the deck (well off anywhere really). Kind of a cross between a hybrid and a fairway wood, so basically shorter shaft but bigger head. Pretty sure they don't make them any more but if you can pick a second hand one up cheap then might be worth a try?

Last edited:

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
If the 22 is your go to club out the rough,why not buy a 5 wood in 19 deg. This will be for fairway and tee shots.they are very easy to hit and have a lesson with the club . I'm sure the fly z fairway wood goes from a4 wood to a 6 or 7 wood when adjusted. I have the driver which I like very much.

The 22 is my longest go to for the rough and fairway, I am not sure that a 5 wood will be much better for me considering how bad I am with a 4 wood - there cant be that much difference between the 4 and 5?

Might be a bit of a long shot but I got a Wilson Fybrid RS at something like 19 degrees for peanuts and it is a great club as I struggle with fairway woods off the deck (well off anywhere really). Kind of a cross between a hybrid and a fairway wood, so basically shorter shaft but bigger head. Pretty sure they don't make them any more but if you can pick a second hand one up cheap then might be worth a try?

Thanks I will check that out. I think part of my issue with a fairway wood is the shaft length, but strangely I find the smaller heads of hybrids much more friendly looking than fairway woods. Maybe I just associate the larger head with the dreadful shots I've played in the past?!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I've recently bought a Cobra Fly Z 5-wood and that seems just as easy as a hybrid to hit, but goes a bit further. :)

Last edited: