clubs in competition ...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i was away for a week so i loaned my driver and gap wedge to my friend. arrived home just in time to meet guys for a competition for an easter hamper. the thing was i couldnt get the driver and wedge in time for start of play. i put my spare driver in the bag and only took 13 clubs in the hope i could grab my gap wedge after a few holes when my friend turned up after work. would it be against the rules for me to have used the club?

turns out he never showed up untill we had played 17 holes and by this time i had a good score so didnt use the club incase i got DQ'd. i played the back 9 in 1 under for the 1st time and made a personal best of +4 overall. i was over after 3. wont be getting cut though as it was still some winter tee placements and clean and place through the green.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes that would be fine. If you start with less than 14 clubs you can add clubs up to make up the 14 maximum as long as you don't borrow a club from anyone playing on the course or unduly delay play in order to do so. Rule 4-4

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
good to know that. thanks, none i was playing with knew if it was legal or not. i missed that 52 yesterday. i was 60/70 yards from the green par5 2nd in two strokes and took a 7 after putting my 3rd into the bunker plugged. such a waste!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yeah was not pleased but had to get the 52 out of my head and get on with it. i used a callaway ft5 8.5 degree driver. im usually all over the place with it but yesterday i was hitting it a mile straight. the run on the hard fairways was great! heading back out for some practice now. gona keep both drivers in the bag and see what today brings in that deparment!

joer422

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yeah was not pleased but had to get the 52 out of my head and get on with it. i used a callaway ft5 8.5 degree driver. im usually all over the place with it but yesterday i was hitting it a mile straight. the run on the hard fairways was great! heading back out for some practice now. gona keep both drivers in the bag and see what today brings in that deparment!

callaway ft5 is a great driver havn't liked any of callaway drivers since then until the new razr fit which im really enjoying

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i hate the sound the ft5 makes though. didnt hit it as well today.

came 3rd in the easter hamper. beat by

1ST Leandra Torrez [ 21 ] 48PTS

2ND Materia Gonzales [ 25 ] 46PTS

3RD GARYINDERRY [ 12 ] 44PTS B.O.T.

bandit country :whistle:

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
i hate the sound the ft5 makes though. didnt hit it as well today.

came 3rd in the easter hamper. beat by

1ST Leandra Torrez [ 21 ] 48PTS

2ND Materia Gonzales [ 25 ] 46PTS

3RD GARYINDERRY [ 12 ] 44PTS B.O.T.

bandit country :whistle:

You need a caddy. How about this guy.

images