Clubs for use on par 3 course

Page

Medal Winner
Visit site
i'm off to play on my local par 3 course tonight for some short game practice. i've never played on this type of course before and have only been playing golf for a short while.

what clubs do most people take with them? the range of the holes are from 100-130 yds approx.

all advice greatly received!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Take a 7 iron and a couple of wedges (+ putter!).

Hit some knock downs and learn some new tricks.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
depends how far you hit your clubs. For me i would just take a pw and a sw if the longest was 130 and shortest was 100 putter obv!

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anything from 9 iron - LW for me, depends on the course. If the longest is downhill you may only need a wedge, whereas if its uphill you will need something more.

Like someone else said, they are great for trying different shots out, though the greens can leave a lot to be desired (usually just cut the grass shorter, for example).

D

Deleted member 1147

7 iron, PW, SW and putter.

Those should cover virtually every shot you'll need to play from 130 inwards.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I use a 8 iron for about a 100 yards and a 5 iron for 180, I don't like to try and smash the ball into next week, just like having a smooth swing with added control.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
depends how far you hit your clubs.
Good answer Tony (as usual). Again you took the words out of my mouth.

If you're having a steady knock you may need longer irons. Half swing may require a 6 or 5 iron. You're not bound to full swing every shot from the tee.

Looking at the yardage though I'd fancy a 7,9,PW,SW & putter.

Enjoy!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
thats what I thought Dave! I can only presume it is.

As for my clubs I would probably just take a pitching wedge and a putter unless I thought I needed something else for something specific.