clubhousegolf.co.uk poor service

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven't seen anything that shows he called you a liar. I think you're just taking it a bit personally.. Get over it and just buy it from somewhere else, you dont need to come ranting and calling people out.

Just because their website says 'Price match', doesn't mean they have to price match everything. Read their price match T&C's - Clubhouse Golf Direct reserves the right to refuse any requests that are not seen as acceptable to our company.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Have you seen yourselves, OP comes on giving people a heads up that a major online retailer has not honored a price match, and he is the one who is in the wrong, the majority straight to defend the retailer, why not buy from the cheaper retailer? They do not have to honor price match, The responses would have been very different if it had been some of the other retailers or it had happened to yourself.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps Clubhouse phoned Snainton and found out the wedge wasn't actually in stock. I've had that before with Snainton. Able to add it and buy it but then cancelled a day later by them as not available.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They may well be but certainly seem to be messing this guy about.

If they have phoned the other company then say so.

13 emails is a waste of everyone's time.

mpluis

Club Champion
Visit site
I did not buy from snaintongolf, because I live overseas (Portugal), and free shipping is only after 250, and all others are from 100.

As I said before I never had an issue before with them, all smooth sailing! but he could just say no to price match and
happy days, I go elsewhere, but after some days, and short cold emails, says i´m lying after I prove him wrong is awkward to
say the least.

But could just be a "communication" incident, all good now.

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I agree with one of the points above, not sure why everyone is getting so defensive of Clubhouse Golf? I would imagine if it had been AG there would have been numerous people lining up to agree with the poster about poor service. The point the OP is making is that they have a price match promised and despite proving evidence that a retailer had it in stock cheaper they weren't going to honour it. As above, if they did go as far to ring Snainton to check stock and the wedge is actually out of stock with the website still saying available then just give that info.

I would be equally annoyed if they didn't honour it, they are the ones to claim that they will match other retailers prices but they obviously pick and choose when to do so.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I agree with one of the points above, not sure why everyone is getting so defensive of Clubhouse Golf? I would imagine if it had been AG there would have been numerous people lining up to agree with the poster about poor service. The point the OP is making is that they have a price match promised and despite proving evidence that a retailer had it in stock cheaper they weren't going to honour it. As above, if they did go as far to ring Snainton to check stock and the wedge is actually out of stock with the website still saying available then just give that info.

I would be equally annoyed if they didn't honour it, they are the ones to claim that they will match other retailers prices but they obviously pick and choose when to do so.

I've never used clubhouse golf so no idea what they're like to deal with... but if I worked there and a customer said I'd called them a liar (& assuming for a moment I didn't) I wonder how willing I'd be to proceed with an order

I'd also be pretty frustrated if I was then named online with the same accusation (twice) and had no right of reply

Glad the OP got it sorted somewhere though but I wonder how much of the issue was a break in communication

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see it like this, OP sees a wedge cheap but wont pay carriage to send to him overseas. OP spots wedge elsewhere and wants a price match, elsewhere wont price match because they have to send it overseas and the original retailer dont have the spec on offer so price match is invalid.

Personally i detest these price match things, people should buy from the cheapest retailer which includes being cheaper including carriage.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see it like this, OP sees a wedge cheap but wont pay carriage to send to him overseas. OP spots wedge elsewhere and wants a price match, elsewhere wont price match because they have to send it overseas and the original retailer dont have the spec on offer so price match is invalid.

Personally i detest these price match things, people should buy from the cheapest retailer which includes being cheaper including carriage.

have to agree with this I cant be bothered with the price match hassle either just buy from cheapest place and if online postage is part of the price.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I have happily used clubhouse golf many times but also I like cheap wedges and do fancy a golfing holiday in Portugal. So not sure where I stand on this thread.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor form naming the guy :confused: but good modding removing it.:thup:

I have recently used them and also in the past with no issues however the new clubs I bought haven't improved my swing...who can I blame :smirk:

D

Deleted member 16999

Agreed mate, the only exception is if I'm in a shop face to face.
Used Clubhouse golf a lot online and never had an issue, but never tried pricematch.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There's one or two in CHG I wouldn't trust. Well, one really. A real dodgy guy. Tall, thinning fair hair and wears glasses. Hits the ball miles but never, ever tidied his bedroom.

D

Deleted member 16999

There's one or two in CHG I wouldn't trust. Well, one really. A real dodgy guy. Tall, thinning fair hair and wears glasses. Hits the ball miles but never, ever tidied his bedroom.
Ha Ha, I hope you haven't shown his mam this, she'll be fumin.....😃

D

Deleted member 17920

After days of emails more than 10, this service sales person [Mod Edit], just call me a liar for a price match item, I send a link with prove and still arrogant denial, ok
challenge American golf, in five minutes had my wedges in my cart. This is why I will never buy from those people again. Rant Over.
:)
to be fair to clubhouse knowing you shopped them to death and drained any chance they had of making any profit I am sure they will consider you a real lost customer,

so you wanted discount and free postage to Portugal and when you didn't get it you cried. Unreal.