Club lie question.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Pretty common knowledge that the toe of the club should sit off the floor at address to allow for the flex flattening the club head in the downswing.

I have a question for clubs that have been custom fit like mine.

As an example. If a club has been adjusted 4* upright. Will the toe sit higher at address than a standard set of the same irons or does the change in lie come into play during the downswing?

Reason I ask. My new C/F irons toe sits higher from the ground than my previous set. The 32's,I believe, are a degree or 2 flat compared to standard and it just got me thinking.

Thanks in advance :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When was the last time the 32's were measured?
Forged clubs can change lie and loft over time so the 32's may well be a bit off.....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Stop thinking so much!:smirk:

Just hit the <expletive deleted> ball! Then find it and hit it again!:fore:

I'm sure you'll hit it better that way!:whoo:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
When was the last time the 32's were measured?
Forged clubs can change lie and loft over time so the 32's may well be a bit off.....

Exactly what the fitter said Ian.

When he put my old 6 iron against the standard MP63 he commented that the shaft seemed a good bit lower when compared.

Just got me thinking that's all

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
1. If a club has been adjusted 4* upright. Will the toe sit higher at address than a standard set of the same irons or does the change in lie come into play during the downswing?

2. The 32's,I believe, are a degree or 2 flat compared to standard .......

1. 4* upright is 4* upright ie it will sit much lower than a non-adjusted club

2. Compared with what??? Mizuno have used the same lie in their irons for about 10 years now, taking a 6 iron you would have to go back to the TP21 and TP19 to get lies other than 61* for European specced clubs. This is pretty consistent with other manufacturers as well although TM are at about 62* for non-asian spec now.

Oh, and no to your first observation - one of the things that the Mizuno DNA swing analyer delivers is the extent to which an individual will differ between a passive (stick it on the ground at address) and dynamic (where it gets too at impact) clubhead lie.