Club fitting

steviehex

Hacker
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've just got some TM M2 graphite irons second hand but still in good condition but the heal of the club hits the ground first my old irons did the same but this is my first good set of irons and was wondering if it's possible to get something done to them so they sit propley.i know the pros get fitted but can we and if so any idea where.i live in Cambridgeshire area
Thanks very much

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got my new irons fitted at AG earlier this year and when I had my next session with my couch, he said that the fitting was not correct.
The answer to your question is...maybe.

It all depends how much different your fitting is compared to how the clubs are set up. Some brands/clubs are have more "adjustability" than others.
So, if the current lie is not far off how you play, then there is every chance that they could be fitted to you.
I'd recommend that you either go to a coach or pro-shop and speak to them about it.

BTW, I didn't get my irons re-fitted and seem to be doing ok with them. My coach on the other hand, I ditched him months ago, but that's a different story!

Disclaimer: The above is how I understand it to be. I am no way an expert. The fact that your clubs have graphite shafts may (read: probably will) debunk all of the above. LOL

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go see a club pro who should at least be able to adjust the lie and loft of your irons. Sounds like they are to upright for you.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've just got some TM M2 graphite irons second hand but still in good condition but the heal of the club hits the ground first my old irons did the same but this is my first good set of irons and was wondering if it's possible to get something done to them so they sit propley.i know the pros get fitted but can we and if so any idea where.i live in Cambridgeshire area
Thanks very much

how tall are you ? arms on the long or short side or just kinda average length for you height?

both sets of irons have maybes been too upright for your build or maybes your build along with how you set-up so posture & subsequent swing motion - or it may just be to do with your set-up & posture and swing tendencies alone

assuming 'the bought used' TM M2's have not been adjusted for lie angle previously they could be adjusted to about 2º max as they are 'cast' heads

need to find a PGA Pro that does club work along with teach - (some coaches often don't do so much with retro club adjustments apart from new grips)
then they can look over how you set-up & swing along with looking at the clubs current specs