Club fitting advice

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
but I'd rather not limit myself to one manufacturer.

with your location being Leeds I'd recommend Phil at Garforth range, he'll fit you from a choice of manufactures. He recently did me for my driver and I tried different manufacturers, lofts and shafts, all with the launch monitor... I'll happily go back for irons from them too when the time comes...

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
with your location being Leeds I'd recommend Phil at Garforth range, he'll fit you from a choice of manufactures. He recently did me for my driver and I tried different manufacturers, lofts and shafts, all with the launch monitor... I'll happily go back for irons from them too when the time comes...

Or Jamie Whittaker at Moor Allerton and has a Trackman.

Lilfish

Visit site
Or Jamie Whittaker at Moor Allerton and has a Trackman.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm just gonna go with this guy after speaking to him today. He's fitted and built clubs for Pro's on the Ladies and Mens tour, seems to know his stuff and says he really wouldn't sell me anything which wasn't right. What I also like is the fact that he says he has loads of clubs/shafts to try except Ping) and that he then builds the clubs himself, pures the shafts and makes sure the lofts/lie angles are all bang on (something I've heard isn't always the case with some fittings).

He also said he will make alterations after if required. Which he assures me shouldn't be the case but is still good to know. I'll let you know how I get on.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm just gonna go with this guy after speaking to him today. He's fitted and built clubs for Pro's on the Ladies and Mens tour, seems to know his stuff and says he really wouldn't sell me anything which wasn't right. What I also like is the fact that he says he has loads of clubs/shafts to try except Ping) and that he then builds the clubs himself, pures the shafts and makes sure the lofts/lie angles are all bang on (something I've heard isn't always the case with some fittings).

He also said he will make alterations after if required. Which he assures me shouldn't be the case but is still good to know. I'll let you know how I get on.

When are you going? Let us know how it goes and what you buy.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Sounds pretty good/normal.

Make sure you don't get led/sold to too much - it can easily happen, as the fact that you are there means that you are 90% sold on him/the process. He can really only fit you on the way you are swinging that day, so ask what he would do if that's not typical.

And ask about Spining, at least irons, as opposed to Pure-ing. Or even 'straight in'.