Club face rolling over

tjj107

Visit site
Hi new to this forum and need a bit of help. I was hitting a few balls yesterday and started to notice the club face had rolled over in a closed position after most of my shots, especially noticeable in my driver.

I'm guessing this is a grip problem as I did use to grip the clubs too tight and have since loosened off to make 18 holes bearable :)

I guess my question is are there any drills I could do or would it be a case of getting a thicker grip on the club itself?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you look in a mirror does your grip look like this or can you see any of your left thumb?

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg

Visit site
Mine looks exactly like that - right hand covers up my left thumb.

I am plagued with pulls and pull slices - very frustrating. Try to roll the wrists at impact but think I am flicking my wrists - ie bending my left hand back.

Ball always starts going right - with driver it then fades on to fairway or slices right. With irons, normally a straight pull or even pull draw.

Cannot stop coming over the top I think :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Mine looks exactly like that - right hand covers up my left thumb.

I am plagued with pulls and pull slices - very frustrating. Try to roll the wrists at impact but think I am flicking my wrists - ie bending my left hand back.

Ball always starts going right - with driver it then fades on to fairway or slices right. With irons, normally a straight pull or even pull draw.

Cannot stop coming over the top I think :(

Pm sent