Club dilemma

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a second hand cobra f7 3-4 wood off online golf got a good price (£62)

Anyways plan was to use as a 4 wood and ditch my 5 wood (already ditched my 3 wood)

Anyways they have sent a 5-6 wood by mistake and I don’t think they have a 3 wood in stock (the shaft sticker says 3 wood so I believe they stocked it wrong)

I looked up the loft options and it can go down to 17 degree (current 5 wood is 18.5) so do I just keep it and use it as a 17 degree 4 wood? The 3-4 wood went as high as 16.5 loft wise

Any thoughts?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a second hand cobra f7 3-4 wood off online golf got a good price (£62)

Anyways plan was to use as a 4 wood and ditch my 5 wood (already ditched my 3 wood)

Anyways they have sent a 5-6 wood by mistake and I don’t think they have a 3 wood in stock (the shaft sticker says 3 wood so I believe they stocked it wrong)

I looked up the loft options and it can go down to 17 degree (current 5 wood is 18.5) so do I just keep it and use it as a 17 degree 4 wood? The 3-4 wood went as high as 16.5 loft wise

Any thoughts?
Usually when you lower the loft it opens the face angle, it will be the same length shaft so there probably wouldn't be much in it in all honesty

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Usually when you lower the loft it opens the face angle, it will be the same length shaft so there probably wouldn't be much in it in all honesty

I believe cobra have a system that makes the face more square with the adjustments but I see your point

I have emailed online golf to see if they have the club I ordered , if they ain’t then will see what they say

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would say it depends on how it looks behind the ball. Since the other difference will be the size of the head being a bit smaller on the 5 wood version.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I believe cobra have a system that makes the face more square with the adjustments but I see your point

I have emailed online golf to see if they have the club I ordered , if they ain’t then will see what they say
The face changes angle, I have a cobra f8 3 wood and the face doesnt stay neutral. The annoying thing about cobra woods and drivers is they have no fade settings 3 'neutrals' and 3 draws, only way around it is to install a left handed sleeve on your shaft

D

Deleted Member 1156

Loft is irrelevant, I assume you bought it to cover a certain distance? If it does that then job's a good'un, if not then change it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loft is irrelevant, I assume you bought it to cover a certain distance? If it does that then job's a good'un, if not then change it.

Good point only issue is I haven’t had Chance to test it just yet, prob won’t until Sunday. But anyways do I want to test if I know I’m going to return?

I currently have a 18.5 5 wood which I’ve moved away from using as my 22 hybrid flies nicely so wanted something between that and driver

That’s why I been looking at a 4 wood

Robin Hood

Visit site
Good point only issue is I haven’t had Chance to test it just yet, prob won’t until Sunday. But anyways do I want to test if I know I’m going to return?

You could always ask your pro for one of those plastic covers they put on club faces, to protect them.

NM1

Visit site
I play a Rogue 4 wood in 17 degree, wonderful club. Give it a go, let us know how you get on

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play a Rogue 4 wood in 17 degree, wonderful club. Give it a go, let us know how you get on

That’s what I plan to do now, the loft is set at 17, it’s 0.5 of an inch longer than my current 5 wood and the head is much better so ditching my 5 wood in the hope that this becomes a cracking 4 wood

Must say it’s a beautiful club tho and I’m not sure it’s ever seen a golf course..

D1E2DC03-952A-4814-9057-28559E319B55.jpeg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing to add other than it looks a lovely club!
It does look nice doesn’t it! I was wowed when it arrived (apart from wrong club) just looks nice.

Head cover is stylish
Shaft is a nice black and grey blend
Head doesn’t look hit

Not bad for £62!