club chuckers

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played this morning in the medal and looking for a ball on the 7th one of my PP had hooked into the gorse, i found a Callaway Legacy PW. it was well in so could have been chucked in from the 10th. Quite new club so had't been in there long.

Then on the 17th i blocked a ball off the tee into the gorse on the right, while looking found an Adams bladed 7 iron and can't have been in there long as it had a brand new grip on it.

Handed both into the pro shop.

costly fits of temper for two players!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played Woodhall Spa this week and saw a guy in the trees, smashed it into the trees again and promptly threw his club overarm further than the ball had gone. It looked so silly and such an over reaction, but very funny all the same!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good friend of mine went through a stage of club throwing when playing golf... (calmed down a lot now)

I remember one round with him he had taken about 3 drives (all the same duck hook left) suddenly I saw his driver joining his balls in the bush

I rescued it for him and he genuinely wouldnt take the club back for 5 holes.. once he had calmed down I said to him something along the lines of are you ready to put your toys back in the pram? he laughed and took the club back

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw a guy a few weeks back, made a pig's ear of a bunker and proceeded to snap his wedge over his knee and chuck it in the boon docks. His mate retrieved it for him, whereupon the chucker lobbed it even further into the cabbage, before 3 putting.

We were wetting ourselves in the clubhouse 🤣🤣

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played a few months ago with a guy who hit a terrible shot on the par 3 14th hole, he then tossed his club into the dense woods and I asked him if he wanted to throw provinial club coz the first one was sure to be lost.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One of my putters is in the lake by the 18th green at Pyrford alongside the four koi carp. I told my playing partners it was going in there a few holes earlier and one of them had the head cover first. It had been on the BBQ a year before so it hadn't learned its lesson. Now it swims with the fishes.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I threw them when i was younger, but now its more of a just ram it back in the bag with a few choice words with myself. My gear is too expensive to be throwing or snapping.

D

Deleted member 23344

played this morning in the medal and looking for a ball on the 7th one of my PP had hooked into the gorse, i found a Callaway Legacy PW. it was well in so could have been chucked in from the 10th. Quite new club so had't been in there long.

Then on the 17th i blocked a ball off the tee into the gorse on the right, while looking found an Adams bladed 7 iron and can't have been in there long as it had a brand new grip on it.

Handed both into the pro shop.

costly fits of temper for two players!

On reflection, it could be that, in each case, the golfer was in the gorse and took in a couple of clubs as he was unsure what to play. Having decided which club to use, he put the other down while he took his shot ... and just forgot. Admittedly not as likely as a tantrum.

G

guest100718

On reflection, it could be that, in each case, the golfer was in the gorse and took in a couple of clubs as he was unsure what to play. Having decided which club to use, he put the other down while he took his shot ... and just forgot. Admittedly not as likely as a tantrum.

And they all lived happily ever after....

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Oi, we don't do serious explanations or sensible probabilities, they were chucked in anger, ok 😜

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As Canary kid says

The assumption is that they were chucked in.

A players takes two clubs with him when looking for the ball, puts one down while playing with the other and forgets to take them both back.

Been there, done that and got the tee shirt.