Closing club face

aaajjj7589

Visit site
I typically don't close the club face and the ball heads right. Solid contact is made and my golf spray tells me I've connected properly but I need some guidance on some drills to make sure my downswing finishes with the club face being square so it's not open.

Appreciate your input.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not that easy mate. There could be a multitude of reasons why you miss right. You need to find out what's broken first

aaajjj7589

Visit site
Did some swings yesterday in the garden in between 2 driver covers so I created a gate. Swing path was absloutely fine as I swung the club through the gate perfectly but the club face doesn't close quickly enough - it closes after I would make impact with the ball if one was there.

Wondering whether my set up is incorrect and whether I am standing with the ball too close to the center of my torso but i am not sure it is.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like I said mate. The are sooooooo many reasons why the club isn't releasing from bad turn/pivot, weak grip, cupped wrist, getting ahead of the ball. Obviously you can't get to a pro. Why don't you post a video or take some photos of your set up with a close up of your grip. One or two guys on here will give you some options to try in the meantime

aaajjj7589

Visit site
Well I can get to a pro next week but I've tried to use lockdown as a way to fix some small things - ie open club face. It only happens when i use the driver, irons seem fine. Will get some videos up when i've been to the range next week though.