Clicgear vs Sun Mountain Trolleys

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking for a bit of real world experience from you good folk.

I'm looking to invest in a push trolley this year.

I have my eye on a Clicgear and Sun Mountain Trolley.

Specifically the Sun Mountain Micro Cart 3 and the Clicgear 3.5.

Does anyone have any experience with either of those?

If not, any brand experience with either manufacturers carts would be appreciated :thup:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Sun Mountain micro cart and like it a lot. It folds up nice and small, is easy to fold, is stable in the wind and has good storage. It is really designed to be used with a Sun Mountain bag, so if you don't have one you'll need to adapt the strapping at the bottom. I wouldn't buy it without trying this in person if you need to do that.

geordie expat

Visit site
I have the Clicgear 3.5 in white and and is a quality bit of kit - I cannot find any faults with it. In terms of functionality, it's quick and easy to unfold/fold, folds down to a surprisingly compact size, has a long list of accessories available and just feels like a solid but very light trolley to push due to the 3 full size wheels. That said they're not cheap but you do get what you pay for. I've so many complimentary comments from fellow players on the looks and it's that good that both my brother and son have each bought the same trolley having test driven mine. If I stick with pushing I would not buy anything else than a clicgear

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the Clicgear 3.5 in white and and is a quality bit of kit - I cannot find any faults with it. In terms of functionality, it's quick and easy to unfold/fold, folds down to a surprisingly compact size, has a long list of accessories available and just feels like a solid but very light trolley to push due to the 3 full size wheels. That said they're not cheap but you do get what you pay for. I've so many complimentary comments from fellow players on the looks and it's that good that both my brother and son have each bought the same trolley having test driven mine. If I stick with pushing I would not buy anything else than a clicgear

Ive had both makes of trolley both are good.
However I found the Clicgear heavy I did have the 3.0 though.
Look at the Stewarts I have the R1 and its awesome and looks great so sturdy and light.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ive had both makes of trolley both are good.
However I found the Clicgear heavy I did have the 3.0 though.
Look at the Stewarts I have the R1 and its awesome and looks great so sturdy and light.

Which trolley had the front wheel fall off at Worlebury :D

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Clicgear 3.5 and cannot fault it. Lots of storage and the umbrella attachment is brilliant. (Supplied when you purchase the trolley).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had an older model clicgear which I then passed on to a playing partner. Reckon that must be 5 or 6 years old now and it still runs and looks like the day I bought it. Top quality but pricey

Rumpokid

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great build quality on the Clicgear.Bearings fantastic.Can virtually push it with your fingers.Opens up from tiny, to ready to go in about 10 seconds.Great bit of kit.Clicgear 3.0 owner.

masterosouffle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the 3.5, which my dad bought me after really liking his 3.0, absolutely no fault to be found with either model, and I would highly recommend them!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I'd agree with all of that.

I have a Sun Mountain micro cart and like it a lot. It folds up nice and small, is easy to fold, is stable in the wind and has good storage. It is really designed to be used with a Sun Mountain bag, so if you don't have one you'll need to adapt the strapping at the bottom. I wouldn't buy it without trying this in person if you need to do that.

And all of that.

I had the Micro Cart with the Micro Cart bag, When I changed to an H2NO trolley bag, I wasn't happy with the way the bag sat on the trolley, and a friend who has one is slowly watching the frame rails disappear through the constant wear from his bag, which doesn't have the V notch in the base.

If you have the matching bag then there's nothing wrong with the Micro Cart, but having changed to the ClicGear 3.5, I will be sticking with them when the time comes to replace it (which won't be anytime soon looking at the quality). I think it rolls better and I prefer the accessories. There's also little touches like the brolly attachment on the trolley, meaning you don't have to fight it out from underneath your bag if it rains during the round.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far :thup:

With regards to the type of bag.

Will either hold a stand bag securely? Or will they only take a cart bag?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far :thup:

With regards to the type of bag.

Will either hold a stand bag securely? Or will they only take a cart bag?

In my experience it depends on the bag.
the clicgear works perfectly with Nike stand bags because part of the legs fit into a notch on the upper bag mount, it's like it was made to go together. No twisting at all.

I replaced my nike bag with a sun mountain, and it does not go as well. Now I make sure I have my trolley bag if I'm going to use the trolley.

S

Snelly

Clicgear is fantastic. Takes just about any bag as far as I can tell. Mine is great and I have had no issues with it in 2 years. Brilliant product with fantastic build quality.

My mate has had a Clicgear and a Sun Mountain and says the Clicgear is much better in terms of size when folded and ease of use on the course.