Sun Mountain H2NO Lite 14-way stand bag?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My cart bag and stand bag are both falling apart, and I'm wondering if they can both be replaced with a single bag.

If they can, it needs to be trolley-friendly, as I use a 3-wheel push trolley most of the time, only carrying when trollies are banned. I'd also like a 14-way divider. Took a look at the Nike Air Hybrid but was not especially impressed.

So am now thinking of splashing out on the Sun Mountain H2NO Lite 14-way stand bag. Being waterproof is a bonus (not that I much like playing in the rain!). But nobody nearby has one in stock for me to examine. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I have a H2NO cart bag that I think is excellent and wish I had gone for it initially years ago rather than changing bags to suit the clubs I had, anyway, even my cart bag is that light I wouldn't flinch at having to carry it if needed, carrying warm dry clothing in a bag that you know isn't going to get wet when you need them on the course is a no brainer, best bag out there IMO.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a H2NO cart bag that I think is excellent and wish I had gone for it initially years ago rather than changing bags to suit the clubs I had, anyway, even my cart bag is that light I wouldn't flinch at having to carry it if needed, carrying warm dry clothing in a bag that you know isn't going to get wet when you need them on the course is a no brainer, best bag out there IMO.
Thanks. Interesting idea to carry a cart bag if needed. I have two questions:

1. Is the H2NO cart bag strap a proper "double strap" affair that goes on both shoulders (ie. like you get on stand bags), or is it a single strap?

2. Is it a big bag like other cart bags? Looks like it from online pictures. (I sometimes take my clubs abroad and my existing Adams cart bag is too big to fit in a travel case).

EDIT: Sorry - ignore my questions about the H2NO cart bag. After I posted them, I realised that my wife has exactly this bag, so I can check that out for myself. The strap is just a single strap, so it's no good for me to carry, as I'm a feeble old git who needs to use both shoulders!

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks. Interesting idea to carry a cart bag if needed. I have two questions:

1. Is the H2NO cart bag strap a proper "double strap" affair that goes on both shoulders (ie. like you get on stand bags), or is it a single strap?

Single strap but pretty wide or you could change it to something much wider to help.

2. Is it a big bag like other cart bags? Looks like it from online pictures. (I sometimes take my clubs abroad and my existing Adams cart bag is too big to fit in a travel case).

It's quite big but as it's a soft material it's not bulky like branded plastic/leather traditional cart bags can be, it also depends on how much gear you put in the 2 large side pockets, when not in use they lie very flat so the bag becomes much slimmer.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I've got a H2NO cart bag (for bad weather) though my clubs are in my carry bag at the moment - had to shift the H2NO to get something from behind it the other day and was surprised how light it was - as Fish said pockets lie flat when there's nothing in them

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a Sun Mountain H2NO cart bag which is fantastic on a trolley, but I wouldn't like to carry it. For carrying I have a Sun Mountain 3.5 which is great to carry but not very good on a trolley. When I go on holiday I take my Ogio Grom which is a substantial carry bag, but also fits on a trolley nicely and thats the bag I would recommend for duel purpose.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I left my H2No out in the garden Wednesday night, in the rain, all night, and most of the following day. Somewhat unsurprisingly, even with the hood up, it has about a half pint of water in the bottom of it, and most of the pockets are a bit damp, if not outright wet.
It's ok for a short time, playing golf for a few hours, but it's not what I would call waterproof.

If I'm out playing in the rain, I still put a rain cover over it, and I still bag everything in it in poly bags, clubs excepted!

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a H2NO carry bag which I occasionally put on a powakaddy Twinline push trolley and it slots in reasonably well considering it's a carry bag. It doesn't rotate as badly as other carry bags I've had in the trolley and in terms of waterproofness I can't fault it and I've played in some pretty foul weather down here in SW Ireland

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I have this bag and I'm really pleased with it. Light but really well made, dividers are great and quite generous, straps are very comfortable and (most important) keeps everything dry.

You do have to be careful when attaching the rain hood as they have changed the design from the previous version. Not as good in my opinion but does the job.

Only downside for me is they are expensive but sometimes you do get what you pay for.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this dilemma earlier in the year. The Nike Hybrid, previous model was great as you could detach the straps when plonking on a cart.

Problem with it was the zips went quickly, poor build quality.

Now have the Sun Mountain 4.5. Whilst not perfect on a trolley I'd still give it 8/10 so no great trauma. Build quality is 'double boss' so I know it will last

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why? I'm planning on buying the H2No cart bag soon so would like to know what happened to make you say that.
If you search I think the thread will still be on here. Basically I experienced a problem that seemed to be quite common. The retailer I bought mine from told me they had taken 4 back but Sun Mountain wouldn't do anything. I don't know what happened in the end between the retailer and manufacturer, but I had to rely on the retailer to do the right thing in the end. My main issue was not actually to do with the bag or the hassle I had to go through, but the way I was treated on the phone by Sun Mountain in the UK. If you have to call a manufacturer with a genuine complaint you don't really expect to be insulted and told where to go. SM in the UK ( or the address I was given) seemed to have no authority and the email addresses they gave me for Europe and the US either bounced back or emails ignored.
TBH it was a while ago now and the bag and my issues with it are long since forgotten, though I still think their claims in regard to my problem were ridiculous. What isn't forgotten is my experience on the phone to their UK people and the fact that at no point was I able to speak with SM in Europe or the US and that they absolutely ignored my complaint.
Golf is a competitive market and there is a lot of choice out there, including waterproof bags. In my view, why risk putting yourself through a lot of hassle? Each to their own and I know some have had good experiences, but you take as you find and I wouldn't touch one and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to experience the same difficulties as I did.