Clicgear vs Sun Mountain Trolleys

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Clicgear is fantastic. Takes just about any bag as far as I can tell. Mine is great and I have had no issues with it in 2 years. Brilliant product with fantastic build quality.

My mate has had a Clicgear and a Sun Mountain and says the Clicgear is much better in terms of size when folded and ease of use on the course.

Any negatives regarding the ClicGear Snelly?

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Clicgear 3.5 here. excellent kit. robust and easy to manoeuvre. takes a titleist stand bag easily and never had problem with it coming loose or moving. its big sell point for me was the ease of folding and the astonishing size it fold down too.... I can fit it and the full stand bag (without taking clubs out) in boot of a small sports car.... trolley is easy to push even in wet grass we have at moment ... on dry links etc in summer it glides ... for accessories only have umbrella holder and after little holder and played a while with iPhone holder while using phone based gps... storage bin and net do all rest I need. overall, expensive but recommend.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alex has the pram 4.5 version Gareth, he should be along to give his review sometime soon ;)

Got the Clicgear 8.0. Its solid, beautifully made and designed. More stable than anything out there but.... ITS HUGE!! I would go for the 3.5 if I could do over.

I have only used it once and its great, just a bit HUGE and a little heavy.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh ye, the word on the Sun Mountain Micro Cart 3 is that the fixed axle is not great and makes it odd to push. Just from reviews I read while looking to buy my Clicgear.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one of the older ClicGear models and it has served me well aside from a broken brake cable which, for me, is fair wear 'n tear for something that gets regular use... Doesn't pack down as small, in my opinion, as they would have you believe...

Costco have been selling their copy at a reduced price recently... Might be worth a look...

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just recently been deliberating these and decided on the clicgear however I did then notice that the ex demo gokarts were reduced again and for the £30 extra decided to go for the auto gokart and I'm glad I did.

If I were to go for a push trolley though it would no doubt be a clicgear even though I use the SM MCB bag.

S

Snelly

Any negatives regarding the ClicGear Snelly?

Not really. The brolly holder is very good, so is the wheel cover and drinks holder. If I was being ultra-picky, I could say that the mini handbag thing for your wallet etc could do with being a bit bigger.

kozmos

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive had both makes of trolley both are good.
However I found the Clicgear heavy I did have the 3.0 though.
Look at the Stewarts I have the R1 and its awesome and looks great so sturdy and light.

I can second that the R1 is an awesome bit of kit, thing of beauty!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a clicgear 3.0 which was a great piece of kit, I only sold it because TID bought me a Motocaddy S1.

The clicgear was easy to push, folded down quickly and easily and was small when folded. It was quite tall in use, but when the brolly holder was in use it was great as I didn't need to stoop to see forwards.

the build quality was first rate and I had no wear issues in the couple of years I owned it. Recommended !!