Clicgear 3.5

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening ladies & gents. Any forumers out there using the Clicgear 3.5 push trolley? And if so, how does it fare? After the heat today, and punishing slopes on our course, I'm thinking of turning hypocrite and investing in a trolley. After finishing 18 today I was knackered, and my healthy fried food and Red Stripe diet had nothing to do with it...

So, Clicgear 3.5, any opinions?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a Clicgear 3.0 at the turn of the year and it is a superb piece of kit. I think the 3.5 is simply an evolution of the 3.0, so nothing vastly different. Superbly engineered, very sturdy and smooth rolling. You won't regret buying one. :thup:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an earlier version, and my course is up and down. I found it hard work pushing it up the hills and bit the bullet and got a go kart. Since then I have actually found it was easier just to carry my clubs than use the push trolley!
But the trolley is brilliant a good investment, I have the seat attachment, brolley and sat nav set up on mine.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the 3.5 and its a great trolley also have the clic gear bag to go on it. Going up hill can be a bit tough sometime but my bag is never light. But along flat ground it's great so free rolling. Build quality is excellant. My mate has a Z3 and its a good trolley but he's needed to replace the front wheel twice already and we both bought them end of march. He prefers the 3.5 as the front wheel is the same size as the others the z3 has a tiny wheel and its not great IMO. 3.5 is a easy to fold up and down and doesn't take up to much room.just remember to put the brake on as mine has rolled off backward quite a few time now and you look stupid chasing it down the fairway.

V

vkurup

I have a 3.0 and it is absolutely brilliant. The 3.5 is a minor evolution, and looks like the 3.0 will last a few years, so no chance to move up/sideways to 3.5.

ONLY flaw with the clicgear is that they lack winter wheels. You have to put some hedgehogs on it (which keep slipping when it get dirty). Also, the clicgear picks up a lot of dirt off the track, so invest in the wheel bag (or get one of the cheaper bags from longridge)

car.crash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I too have the 3.0 and a friend has one and they are awesome.
I was playing with a guy who had one of those very expensive electric trolley and he was even toying with parting with it for a clicgear.

V

vkurup

Sorry to hijack this thread..

Question to the Clicgear owners... how do you keep the dirt off the boot. My clicgear picks up a lot of muck, so have invested in a 50p brush from Tesco and give the wheels a good clean before putting it in the car. My trouble starts if someone else gives me a lift. I feel a bit guilty if their boot mucks up..

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread..

Question to the Clicgear owners... how do you keep the dirt off the boot. My clicgear picks up a lot of muck, so have invested in a 50p brush from Tesco and give the wheels a good clean before putting it in the car. My trouble starts if someone else gives me a lift. I feel a bit guilty if their boot mucks up..

It's a fair question and I was actually looking, as recently as last night, for a generic trolley cover to house it in. Shame Clicgear don't do their own one.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clic gear must be good, it's the only golf trolley where I have seen a cigar holder as an add on.

Perhaps this is aimed at the Jimenez wanna be.

GOLFBALL_WHACKER_GUY

Challenge Tour Pro
www.sasroofing.co.uk
Ive had clic gears for a few years and cant remember ever having to scrape the wheels. Then again I drive to golf in my work van and the whole set up rolls in and out of the back nicely, no folding up ;)

As for car boot protectors, homebase etc do boot bags for the gardening fans, surely one of those will do?

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The wheel on my 3.5 don't really pick up much dirt but if they do I will put the wheel covers on that I got free with the 3.5

mikee66

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a fair question and I was actually looking, as recently as last night, for a generic trolley cover to house it in. Shame Clicgear don't do their own one.

They do a boot protector mate. It's available on amazon for about a tenner

NuShooz

Medal Winner
Visit site
just get a cheap rubber plasterers bucket from B&Q, the clicgear fits perfect in it when folded down, no faffing around with the trolley bags etc. it doesn't matter if its in yours or a friends car, it just works!