Cleveland Huntington Beach Putters

User20204

Visit site
They look lovely and are in comparison to premium putters an absolute steal at around £80-£90, my question is, does anyone own one, I am seriously tempted.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one, love the look of it. Have brought the putter, had it engraved and still comes in at half the price of a Scotty!

I am struggling a little with it, but have gone from a 5.0 grip to the Cleveland Jumbo grip which is much smaller....but it will all come good :).

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I love the look on them but compared to the more premium brands that do that sort of thing, eg Scotty, Bettinardi, etc, I found that the Cleveland ones were rock hard as opposed to 'soft'.

User20204

Visit site
I love the look on them but compared to the more premium brands that do that sort of thing, eg Scotty, Bettinardi, etc, I found that the Cleveland ones were rock hard as opposed to 'soft'.

Apparently Scotty's are 303 the Clevelands are 304 SS, 303 being a softer grade, hence why you can tell the difference.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
A few months ago in the US they released a "soft" range. No sign of them over here yet though I think. Don't know if actually any softer or not.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had the number 11 and hated it, felt terrible and just couldn’t get on with it, but I’ve had 3 Scottys and hated them too, think it’s a milled putter thing, I much prefer an insert.

User20204

Visit site
Thank you, did you decide to get one?

Not yet, there was one going on ebay last week in the style I wanted but decided against bidding, don't know what it is but I think they may be suited better to slower greens and coming in to summer (allegedly) things are speeding up so looking at something else just now but if one comes along at the right price, neaer the end of the season I'll probably get one.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just to add to this..

Got a lend of one of these while my putter is being regripped. Whilst I loved the weight, looks and stroke. It felt awful to me. Like the face was rock hard. A holed a number of nice putts but couldn't get past the fact it had this real low thud impact sound. Felt like u needed to wack it too.

Shame as I'd always like rolling it in the shop.