Chrome issue

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Running the Forum through Chrome on my tablet and the main What's New page opens fine. As soon as I click on a thread I get a Aw Snap we couldn't load the page message.
I've gone though all the suggestions they give, restart, cleaner cache etc and it's still doing it...
I have other pages running through Chrome at the same time and none of them are showing the same issue....it doesn't happen on my phone..hence the reason I can actually post this...
Anyone got any ideas..??
Forum works fine on Opera...just another browser on my tab.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm having similar issues using Edge.

Only seems to be certain threads.

But only on my desktop PC and not on my laptop!!

Doesnt occur if I log out of the site....I am free to browse without issue.

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Same problem persisting today.
But not on this thread - strangely.

Thread opens, but freezes as soon as I try to scroll, then "page not working" warning and can't do anything.
Happening on most threads.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Its now happening on my laptop which was working fine yesterday. Exactly as described above.

Error code: STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
It's a Chromium bug (which Chrome and Edge use), not a site issue. That's also why it's not affecting FireFox users. - https://issues.chromium.org/issues/335553723?pli=1

You can wait for Google / MS to update their builds or switch to a different browser until they do. Chrome 124.0.6367.93 is available now, so check for updates.

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a Chromium bug (which Chrome and Edge use), not a site issue. That's also why it's not affecting FireFox users. - https://issues.chromium.org/issues/335553723?pli=1

You can wait for Google / MS to update their builds or switch to a different browser until they do. Chrome 124.0.6367.93 is available now, so check for updates.
I had the same issue with Chrome on an Android tablet. This forum is the only website that was affected for me. So if it's a Chromium bug, it must be something being provoked by a peculiarity on the forum.

Problem seems to have gone away today, and I certainly haven't updated Chrome. Therefore I conclude something has changed on this forum that has stopped triggering the issue.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Just fired up an ancient PC running windows 7.
Microsoft Edge working OK with this. Just posted on "I Played Today" thread, which I can not do on my laptop.
Strange issue this one.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What is strange is that the topics that the issue appears on changes with the wind.

Earlier I could not access the Premier League Prediction thread on my desktop, so had to use my laptop to enter my predictions. A few hours later and the same thread no longer works on my laptop....

...and just tried it now and it works.

Laptop and Desktop exactly the same build version of edge....one works, the other doesnt. As @cliveb suggests there must be something about the website that triggers the issue....especially as, if I log out, the site works absolutely perfectly without any issues.

Last edited: