Chipping from the bunker

V

vkurup

Been chucking down for a few days, so today the bunkers were hard as concrete. I ended up in a couple of greenside bunkers. Given the hard conditions, I decided not to use the usual bunker technique. Instead played it off the bunker like a regular chip shot... lo & behold, I was always spot on and had great distance control. I used a SW rather than my usual GW (52). Cant wait to try it during a normal day. Any experience/thoughts?

BTW, on the subject, too many situations today when I had a few earthworms between the ball & hole. Are they considered movable?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Chipping from a wet compact bunker is a good method. It's not so easy from dry sand though as any sand between the clubface and ball will lose distance and height.

DubbleH

Visit site
The bunkers at my course are hardish sand when wet and I play a 58/8 Vokey. Keeping body and head still 9/10 times they pop out onto the green ... I'll not mention the 1/10 !!! But, commit to the shot

Dubble H Hcap 12
Callaway RAZR fit
Callaway 5 & woods
Mizuno MX-25 irons
Odyssey DART putter
Srixon Z balls

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The bunkers at my course are hardish sand when wet and I play a 58/8 Vokey. Keeping body and head still 9/10 times they pop out onto the green ... I'll not mention the 1/10 !!! But, commit to the shot

Dubble H Hcap 12
Callaway RAZR fit
Callaway 5 & woods
Mizuno MX-25 irons
Odyssey DART putter
Srixon Z balls

Do you chip the ball out or splash the sand?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
BTW, on the subject, too many situations today when I had a few earthworms between the ball & hole. Are they considered movable?

yes - anywhere on the course; and that includes the casts or heaps made by them. They are all Loose Impediments.