Chiltern Hills golf club

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about this new course being built somewhere in the Chilterns? I believe the greenkeeper from Ealing is advising on the greens.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
They have been building one for the last 3 years near Chirleywood, heard it had stalled, but might be wrong.

Not seen anything locally to suggest it's going to open anytime soon

Last edited:

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Greg Evans, the head greenkeeper at Ealing (the course that first banned adizeros), is involved. I saw this picture a while ago

B4gIyfAIAAAEpTY.jpg

Then read this on his website

Chiltern Hills Golf Club
Under Construction
Chiltern Hills Golf Club is a new course based in the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire that has been under construction for the last six years. Greg Evans was called in at an early stage to project manage the construction, agronomy and grow in along with Ricky Willison the designer and Quattro UK the owners and constructors. So far everything is going well. Nine fairways have been completed and sown with dwarf rye grass used as the primary grass species. One of the cultivars selected was a new dwarf rye that was released in 2009. The main advantage has been its fineness of leaf and beautiful dark green complexion. It hasn't let us down!
In the last twelve months over 3000 tons of sand has been applied to the fairways to create dense, firm surfaces perfect for hitting off! The greens and tees are starting to be built and grown in along with a state of the art irrigation system installed. The greens are being sown with creeping bent grass, producing a superior surface for top quality greens. Once it opens, this course will be one of the best conditioned courses in the country.

I don't do twitter otherwise I'd ask him about it

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greg Evans, the head greenkeeper at Ealing (the course that first banned adizeros), is involved. I saw this picture a while ago

View attachment 13491

Then read this on his website

Chiltern Hills Golf Club
Under Construction
Chiltern Hills Golf Club is a new course based in the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire that has been under construction for the last six years. Greg Evans was called in at an early stage to project manage the construction, agronomy and grow in along with Ricky Willison the designer and Quattro UK the owners and constructors. So far everything is going well. Nine fairways have been completed and sown with dwarf rye grass used as the primary grass species. One of the cultivars selected was a new dwarf rye that was released in 2009. The main advantage has been its fineness of leaf and beautiful dark green complexion. It hasn't let us down!
In the last twelve months over 3000 tons of sand has been applied to the fairways to create dense, firm surfaces perfect for hitting off! The greens and tees are starting to be built and grown in along with a state of the art irrigation system installed. The greens are being sown with creeping bent grass, producing a superior surface for top quality greens. Once it opens, this course will be one of the best conditioned courses in the country.

I don't do twitter otherwise I'd ask him about it

Sounds like they know what they are doing.

batchworth

Visit site
I know that this is an old thread, but does anyone have any further updates on this new course. I drove past a while ago and you can see that it looks like a golf course, but all closed and gated up (behind construction company boards) and I couldn't see any clubhouse.

JCheal

Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the work being done here? I cycled past the other day and it seemed to look as though things were moving again? I could be wrong though

batchworth

Visit site
Walked past it about 2 months ago, and it had a look about it, that it had been deserted and looked all overgrown, where as previously you could make out the greens and fairways.
Personally think it maybe slightly doomed once they lost permission to build an 18 hole, and can only now build a 9 hole course. There are already lots of nine hole courses on its doorstep, Ley Hill, Chorleywood, Nine of Herts, to name a few.