Cheshire Oaks

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
Right fellow golfers.....

My regular playing partner And wives are off out this weekend and the girls want to stop at Cheshire oaks on the way back... Now I am sure you appreciate both myself and my mate are not too bothered about spending the day shopping, so we tried out luck at the chance of us leaving them there and us going for a knock...

Any you never guess what, they agreed !!! :mmm::eek:

So, my question is...... Anyone recommend a course not too far away ???

:thup::thup:

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers guys. Played carden a few times, cracking track... Was looking for something a bit nearer....

Which of either Heswall or the oaks mollington would you suggest is the more worthwhile??

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers guys. Played carden a few times, cracking track... Was looking for something a bit nearer....

Which of either Heswall or the oaks mollington would you suggest is the more worthwhile??

Heswall is very good, oaks Mollington is ok, but cheap. Delamere is brilliant (if you can get on it).

What is your budget/preference/miles willing to travel.

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
No real issue with budget, tee times are causing a problem with us leaving so late and ..With the girls shopping we didn't want to go too far as there is only so much they can see!!!

Also looking at brombrough..... It's only 10ish mins away, and available!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
You might not have such a big choice if your there on Saturday mate. Lots of clubs might have comps so I wouldnt leave it to the last minute to get a tee time. Caldy and Wallasey are two of my faves. Enjoy !! The Wirral peninsular has some cracking courses !!

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get them there early if you can too and tell them to enjoy a long lunch to buy yourself some extra time! That place is a woman's friend (and I don't mind it either) and hope that the weather is ok so they're not too fed up too soon.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No real issue with budget, tee times are causing a problem with us leaving so late and ..With the girls shopping we didn't want to go too far as there is only so much they can see!!!

Also looking at brombrough..... It's only 10ish mins away, and available!!

Bromborough is decent, but very good courses are Caldy, Wallasey, Heswall and Delamere within 20-30 minutes.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would anyone happen to know if there are any dedicated Golf shops at Cheshire Oaks? Website says not but hoping its not been updated.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would anyone happen to know if there are any dedicated Golf shops at Cheshire Oaks? Website says not but hoping its not been updated.
there used to be a golfino outlet but with polo shirts starting at over £60 in an outlet store it soon bit the dust.
there is a sports shop on the other side but mostly trainers and the like,also a nike shop and an addidas shop but clothing only im afraid,can you tell i spend far to many hours at this place with HID.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. Think there's just an Ecco shop and sports direct, not what I was looking for!