Changing Home CLubs twice?

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Question for the rules buffs. I gave up my membership at Walton Hall this year, so put my home club down to my Aberdeenshire club again, and intended playing just Opens for my competitive stuff.

However due to a number of things, the main being that individual opens in this area are like gold dust, I've joined a new club (Poulton Park).

Question is, can I change home clubs twice in the same season, as obviously it is handier to have the local club runing my handicap?

Will ask the Sec, but he wasn't there when I joined Saturday, and the Pro said it was fine, but I seem to recall in the mists of time that you couldn;t do this before? You had a nominated home club for the season and had to stay with it till season's end?

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know strictly speaking you are supposed to have a nominated club for handicap purposes, though couldn't say if this applied for the whole season.

I think you might be able to change club & the nominated at any time, but not sure. But I could be wrong.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can join as many as you like, play comps there and play for teams and so long as your h/c is accepted at all, there is no reason for question.

It would make more sense to have just one membership though :rolleyes:

T

thecraw

You can nominate whatever club you like as being your home course and as far as I'm aware it can be changed at any time as long as both clubs are notified as to the change of "home club" status.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
You can nominate whatever club you like as being your home course and as far as I'm aware it can be changed at any time as long as both clubs are notified as to the change of "home club" status.
You're right Craw. Managed to get a hold of my h'cap secretary at my Scottish club this afternoon, and there's no limit to changing that he knows of, as long as they are told I'm moving again, and the new club has the latest h'cap cert from them. Thanks all for the tips though :cool:

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many clubs can you be a member as?

All of them mono, but it would cost you a bob or two to be a member at so many clubs you would never have the time to play at :D

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Being a member of 2 clubs myself it doesn’t really matter what club's your home club, even if you play very few comps there. Just keep a record, and let your home club know of every away score you do as it’s your responsibility to keep everything on the level. I can play as many as 4 comps in 8 days, so the last thing you want to do is walk into a comp with the wrong HC. Even if your HC is not updated at your home club you must alter your HC yourself.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Aye, but it's annoying Tommo if you almost never play your "home" club, and play most of your golf at the "away" club, which was the situation I was going to be in. I'd rather have my h'cap locally, than have to keep posting them my scores every couple of weeks.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
You can join as many as you like, play comps there and play for teams and so long as your h/c is accepted at all, there is no reason for question.

It would make more sense to have just one membership though :rolleyes:
My club in Scotland is only £140 a year, but more importantly we go home every summer, and also up a few times a year to watch the Dons, so it's handy. Also it's only available to join if you stay in the catchment area which is very small. Even if I move back to Aberdeen in future, I would in all likelyhood be outside the catchment area, hence I don't intend letting my membership go.