Setting Handicap to Away and CDH

Swango1980

Visit site
Hello

We use Club V1. A member has joined another club and wishes that club to be set as his Home Club. The owners at our club have already set his handicap to Away. However, on CDH he is still linked to our club, so his new Home Club cannot get him accepted into their system (I don't know what system they use, but I think it is different to most other clubs as we only seem to ever have issues with this particular club).

So, my question is, once we set a player to Away using Club V1, is there something else we must do to ensure CDH no longer links their handicap to our club, so their new club can get them into their system?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's up to his new club to set his record to reflect them as his Home Club and you as his Away Club. When they have done that and updated to CDH, everything should be fine. All affiliated clubs must have software that is on the approved list and they all feed into CDH.

Swango1980

Visit site
Thanks. I'll ask them what software they use. They are one of the bigger clubs in the area, but I suspect they also use "older" methods for their administration purposes, although that is only a hunch. I've also asked England Golf to see if they can do anything more directly.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hello

We use Club V1. A member has joined another club and wishes that club to be set as his Home Club. The owners at our club have already set his handicap to Away. However, on CDH he is still linked to our club, so his new Home Club cannot get him accepted into their system (I don't know what system they use, but I think it is different to most other clubs as we only seem to ever have issues with this particular club).

So, my question is, once we set a player to Away using Club V1, is there something else we must do to ensure CDH no longer links their handicap to our club, so their new club can get them into their system?
The issue with such transfers is more often than not, one of the clubs hasn't done what they are supposed to do. Almost certainly in this case his new Home club.
Most enquiry tickets to the CDH are just this problem. I can't count the number of times I have had to call a club and tell them to get their finger out.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The issue with such transfers is more often than not, one of the clubs hasn't done what they are supposed to do. Almost certainly in this case his new Home club.
Most enquiry tickets to the CDH are just this problem. I can't count the number of times I have had to call a club and tell them to get their finger out.
What would it be that they haven't done?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I find the problem is the member hasn’t told the old club they have left
I read it from the OP that the member had joined another club and wanted the new club to be his main one and his old club to have him as an away member. I had problems with this and it was due to the handicap secretary not actually posting me as away.

Swango1980

Visit site
I read it from the OP that the member had joined another club and wanted the new club to be his main one and his old club to have him as an away member. I had problems with this and it was due to the handicap secretary not actually posting me as away.
The member had joined the new club, not telling us. His new club contacted the owners staff. They set the player to Away. The New club still couldn't get them in their system, then contacted me. Having checked the player was indeed set as Away, I checked the CDH database. That still showed us as the Home Club. I contacted England Golf directly, and they were able to sort it. Still none the wiser why it happened.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The member had joined the new club, not telling us. His new club contacted the owners staff. They set the player to Away. The New club still couldn't get them in their system, then contacted me. Having checked the player was indeed set as Away, I checked the CDH database. That still showed us as the Home Club. I contacted England Golf directly, and they were able to sort it. Still none the wiser why it happened.

There are issues with the CDH database at times and I’m not convinced they will have the IT expertise or IT infrastructure to cope with the huge demands that the WHS may put on their systems.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are issues with the CDH database at times and I’m not convinced they will have the IT expertise or IT infrastructure to cope with the huge demands that the WHS may put on their systems.
The current CDH database is being replaced by new software written by a company that has already provided the software for other countries well into using WHS already.
All the handicap calculations are moved from the ISVs into the central handicap management system. The current ISV's fronts will only be responsible for competition management.

Jimbof

Visit site
Another issue I find is htat whilst the old club have set them as an away member, it doesn't always get updated to the CDH due to process issues on the club system - generally results in the 'Pending' situation where the CDH believes the player is a home member at both clubs. Can be sorted by the away club ensuring the change is synchronised with the CDH.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my experience of having to sort out CDH inter-club movements, ClubV1 always seems to be involved. But that may be because they have more users than other ISVs

However our club manager tells me says he often gets update glitches.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

In my experience, the only issues with CDH are caused by the clubs themselves - in the old adage "garbage in, garbage out". It has just taken me 3 emails and 2 phone calls to get a new member's old club to delete him from their handicap list and update to CDH.