Changes following a Handicap Review, Sanctioning by Authorized Association.

D-S

Visit site
I have now been advised that the GUIDANCE ON THE WHS RULES OF HANDICAPPING AS APPLIED WITHIN GB&I has been amended.
Version 1.7 now includes the following on page 6

Definition of an Elite Golfer

CONGU® direct that the definition of an Elite Golfer is a male golfer with a Handicap Index
of 0.0 or lower, or a female golfer with a Handicap Index of 2.0 or lower.
I saw this on the latest update, but I have yet to have a response from EG on the powers of a Handicap Committee include reducing an Elite Player‘s HI following a review.

D-S

Visit site
The full list of changes for those interested is

Remove sentence which advises that scores for initial handicaps do not need to be pre-registered, and reinforce that such cards do need to be pre-registered.

Advice added that the Committee is responsible for the players handicap on the scorecard (unless a local rule to the contrary is in place). Added advice that the local rule is not recommended by CONGU®.

Remove line which says that initial handicap cards do not need to be pre-registered.

Remove DQ sections for no or wrong handicap on scorecard.

Additional advice regarding the retention of scorecards.

Clarify situation of returning scores from outsite GB&I until interoperability is in place

Confirm membership requirements for the Handicap Committee

Definition of an Elite Golfer added.

IanMcC

Visit site
The full list of changes for those interested is

Remove sentence which advises that scores for initial handicaps do not need to be pre-registered, and reinforce that such cards do need to be pre-registered.

Advice added that the Committee is responsible for the players handicap on the scorecard (unless a local rule to the contrary is in place). Added advice that the local rule is not recommended by CONGU®.

Remove line which says that initial handicap cards do not need to be pre-registered.

Remove DQ sections for no or wrong handicap on scorecard.

Additional advice regarding the retention of scorecards.

Clarify situation of returning scores from outsite GB&I until interoperability is in place

Confirm membership requirements for the Handicap Committee

Definition of an Elite Golfer added.
1 & 3 are mental. No way will I ask a new-to-golf player to pre register an Initial handicap card.

D-S

Visit site
I gather they have not yet been fully approved by CONGU
That’s odd, I have been advised that they are in force, also I received the latest version of CONGU’s guidance (version 1.7) and they are all in that - whu do you think they will change again at such short notice?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s odd, I have been advised that they are in force, also I received the latest version of CONGU’s guidance (version 1.7) and they are all in that - whu do you think they will change again at such short notice?

EG website is still showing version 1.6.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think they will necessarily change them but my understanding was that at least one national authority hadn't formally approved them. But if you've got a copy of 1.7 it seems my info is out of date.

Although I have now received a copy :unsure:

Last edited: