Change to 'Game Improvers' and then back again

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Wanted to check if there were many on here that changed from players clubs/blades to chunkier game improvement clubs and then went back to the players clubs?
If so, what are their thoughts on that?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi all

Wanted to check if there were many on here that changed from players clubs/blades to chunkier game improvement clubs and then went back to the players clubs?

I switched from Mizuno MP62 muscle backs to JPX825 pro. great to start with but struggled with punch shots and bump an runs with the GI iron. even had 2 9 irons in the bag at one time.

went back to a blade after a couple of years, now have Mizuno MP4.

might be looking at srixon irons next time, all the same head shape and could mix a set better

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I got to 9.9 and went to Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, they were good with my best game, but not on my iffy shots. I played with our erstwhile leader and he queried me using harder clubs to hit and I sought out my game improver Callaway X2 Hot irons, which I had played well with and I soon realised how much easier it was to play good shots with them.

Courtesy of American Golf I swapped my Mizzys for some TM RSI 1'S and i really like them and they truly are game improver irons

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got to 9.9 and went to Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, they were good with my best game, but not on my iffy shots. I played with our erstwhile leader and he queried me using harder clubs to hit and I sought out my game improver Callaway X2 Hot irons, which I had played well with and I soon realised how much easier it was to play good shots with them.

Courtesy of American Golf I swapped my Mizzys for some TM RSI 1'S and i really like them and they truly are game improver irons

Mate wish you hadn't of said that, been thinking of trading my ap2s for rsi 1s are they really as good as you say? Heard they are ultra forgiving

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mate wish you hadn't of said that, been thinking of trading my ap2s for rsi 1s are they really as good as you say? Heard they are ultra forgiving

I bought the very much on the say of Smiffy and he really wasn't wrong. Since I got them, four guys who i often play with, have tried them and then bought a set each. They are long, forgiving and don't look half bad either - go try them I'd say Karl

S

Snelly

Hi all

I have done the opposite a few of times - gone from easy to hit irons to players clubs and then back again. My current clubs are really good - Ping i25. I suppose they are a mixture of the two to some extent.

Recommended. And I would like to try the new i200 Ping irons too. They look great. I could not justify changing though. Am playing well with mine.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Asking the question because I went from player Mizunos to the Srixon 545's and am now keen on having a set of Mizunos again.

I am playing well with my irons, the 545's, and they do look good and feel great, but I am lusting after something a little leaner and sexier ...MP5. Not exclusively, just feels like it would be nice to play different clubs on different days depending on what I felt like.

Hitting blades against my irons doesnt seem to make any difference if you are comparing lofts vs numbers on the bottom. You feel the non-centre strike more in the blade, but the drop-off is not noticeable in terms of best strike and worst strike. Are there any of you that have 2 sets of irons and play with different irons depending on circumstances/conditions/what you feel like?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Asking the question because I went from player Mizunos to the Srixon 545's and am now keen on having a set of Mizunos again.

I am playing well with my irons, the 545's, and they do look good and feel great, but I am lusting after something a little leaner and sexier ...MP5. Not exclusively, just feels like it would be nice to play different clubs on different days depending on what I felt like.

Hitting blades against my irons doesnt seem to make any difference if you are comparing lofts vs numbers on the bottom. You feel the non-centre strike more in the blade, but the drop-off is not noticeable in terms of best strike and worst strike. Are there any of you that have 2 sets of irons and play with different irons depending on circumstances/conditions/what you feel like?

why not mix the srixons 745/945, i think (though i could be wrong) its easy to mix the set up, same gaps in the loft?

Ive the MP4 and mixing up mizuno irons had funny gaps.

Thinking about this myself... 945 in PW,9 and 8 irons, 7,6,5, in the 745 and 4 and 3 in the 545.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found going from blades to Ping G that I had a 5 yd pull on every shot .
Pro said it was the offset on the irons causing it.
gone to Ping i200 less offset sorted problem.