Change Hybrid and Irons for Woods

Finlay Doig

Visit site
Hi,
I’m currently thinking of buying a 5 Wood and Wood (Calloway Mavrik max series) to replace my Hybrid 3 , 4 and 5 irons - I feel with the larger footfall the Woods would offer would be better than the Hybrid and long irons (tend to power fade these) - Any thoughts? I’m currently a 14.2 hc -

Finlay Doig

Visit site
Hi,
I’m currently thinking of buying a 5 Wood and Wood (Calloway Mavrik max series) to replace my Hybrid 3 , 4 and 5 irons - I feel with the larger footfall the Woods would offer would be better than the Hybrid and long irons (tend to power fade these) - Any thoughts? I’m currently a 14.2 hc -
And 7 Wood !

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I have a 5,7 and 9 wood. So much easier to hit than irons and hybrids, much more confidence stood over looking down. Mates all call 9 wood my grandad wood till I hit high soft landing ball to 10ft from 170yards.

Jason.H

Visit site
Not sure fairway woods are any easier to hit straight. Personally I find my hybrids very easy to use. If your struggling with a fade maybe a couple of lessons are wise.

WGCRider

Visit site
I'm very confident with my long irons. In summer I used to often carry a 3 iron. I've had 19d and 21d hybrids and a full shot is 50/50 for ending up in a snap hook. I ended up using them exclusively as rescue clubs. Last year I made the switch to a 7 wood and I'm never going back. I find it goes long and high. I'm almost always between 200-210 yds with it and even when I've hit a poor shot cause there is not much role on it I don't tend to end up in trouble.

DoubleD

Visit site
You really need to just give it a try. I switch up the hybrid, fairways and long irons depending on how I am playing, the course and the weather.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I've never been good with hybrids. I play Mavrik 3, 5 and 7 woods. I still play a four iron on occasion because I prefer it on our wet dormant Bermuda fairways in the Winter. I suggest you give them a try. I've found the 7 wood is really versatile.