Celtic and Rangers in England?

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England would be more than welcome to take the bigot bros inc. off our hands, unfortunately, common sense looks to be winning and the two loathsome leeches of Scottish society look to be staying put.
And you have to wonder why England would ever contemplate letting the pair of disgraceful institutions in?One is responsable for the biggest inner-city riot since feckin the miner strike, the other manky lot cannot stay quiet for 1 minute to show respect for the millions of people who died fighting nazism.
As a supporter of Hibs, it might give my team a chance of winning the league or Scottish Cup (dont laugh at the back) but thats not the reason I'd like to see them move.It's seeing how the fans of the bigot brothers act in Edinburgh, how they sing songs of very questionable nature,how they weaken other Scottish teams not to improve their own squad, but simply to weaken the rest.

OFGTF

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
The English have realised they dont need them, Celtic and Rangers need to move to England, Rangers have over £30 million debt and Celtic have there worst team in years they should stay as there ,there for the taking as Dundee United proved on Sunday if teams had more belief then they could beatem more often as both teams are rank rotten just now.
By the way i'm a Dundee supporter who play in the First Division so hopefully should be back in the SPL next season.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Frankie Boyle said regarding the terror attacks on Glasgow Airport ... Dont try and bring religious hatred and bigotry to Scotland as we have endured it for 300 years.

I would kick them out of Scottish football NOW without a new home for them to go to as they cause nothing but trouble. They are NOT all they are cracked up to be.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If they did come (and I hope they won't) Im sure they would not be able to break into the top 4. I see them as mid table maybe scraping an inter toto place, but not challenging

we dont need another Wigan :eek:

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yawn.....not another OF thread....it aint happening now nor will it be happening ever.

The OF have their most rank rotten teams ever at the moment yet they will still finish clear 1st and 2nd...that tells you just how dreadful the rest of the teams in Scotland are,given time the OF would break into the top 4 in England but at moment they would have a battle on their hands to beat Newcastle they are that bad.

As for the rest of the SPL well some may survive the fizzy pop league (Dundee Utd,Hibs possibly) but the rest bottom half of league 2 would be there gannin.

The OF desperately need England but English don't need them but the rest of Scotland need them more,Scottish football would be worse than League of Wales Football if they went across the Border

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
so how about a league of the celts, opens it up to more teams.

No thanks, I'm quite happy playing in the English Leagues thank you very much.

And IF, any other team wants to join the English Leagues, they should be made to join from the bottom like every other team has had to do.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Another fine performance from the filth tonight and good to see that great marksman kept his record of scoring goals versus top opposition in tact...he had a glorious chance to score when the other superstar Miller(if he tried to shoot himself he'd miss!!) put the ball on his heid then he realised as it was coming toward him it wasny Hamilton he was playing.....the fella wouldny score 5 a season in league 1. :rolleyes: :D

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone who thinks Celtic & Rangers couldnt compete in the EPL are kidding themselves.Given the huge injection of cash it would give straight away they would be challenging the top 4 within 2/3 seasons.

Maybe people down south dont realise just how big Celtic or Rangers are, well I'd suggest only Man Utd are bigger as far as fan base/potential income streams/stadium.Both of the skid marks on the y-fronts of Scotland are huge, dwarfing Arsenal,Chelsea even Liverpool.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But that wouldn't be quick enough. They'd have to challenge in year 1 or 2 or the funds will dry up. That's why there's barely any clubs capable of infiltrating the top 4 - only Spurs, Villa and ManC. So the OF will just languish mid table - so what's the point?
Don't want them, don't need them, ain't gonna get them!!

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Why would the go into the premiership the teams in there have earned the right to be there, if it did happen they should start in the BS Premier where they would stay.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
The next peice of Ertha Kitt will be they propose to keep a wee team in Scotland because it will be 5-10 years before they get into the Champions League and need some other way of building their brand in Europe. I would honestly like to see them both wiped off the face of this planet.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Anything less than a complete amalgamation of both the Scottish and English leagues would not work. It would be unfair to take just 2 teams out of Scotland and put them into the EPL. Unfair on English clubs losing their place and unfair on the remaining Scottish teams losing out on the few big paydays they have playing against the old firm.
The SPL would have to join the EPL, the Scottish first should join the Championship and so on. Then there should be found a way of reducing the numbers of each league over a period of time. Maybe 2 go up and 4 go down for a few years.
As for Celtic and Rangers chances, i feel they would be lucky to escape relegation from the EPL if they were in there at the moment.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree that nothing less than full amalgamation would be fair but the SPL is not equal to the EPL.

You would have to work out a weighting system for every team in both leagues, then start again from scratch.
Imagine Plymouth playing ICT at one of these weird start times - how many supporters will you get?

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone who thinks Celtic & Rangers couldnt compete in the EPL are kidding themselves.Given the huge injection of cash it would give straight away they would be challenging the top 4 within 2/3 seasons
Dont think they will play in EPL.Agree they would be able to compete but would take more like 5 years.Given their squads at the moment they would struggle to even stay in PL.Think they would find it to hard to adjust from playing 5 or 6 hard games a season in Scotland to playing hard games in every week PL.

S

Snelly

I agree. They would not survive in the Premier League and I bet would struggle to get above mid table mediocrity in the Championship too. That is a tough league..