CDH Errors!

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm fairly certain the problem occurred at the home club end. Even if the away club republish it, the score was almost 3 months ago and won't come over automatically now anyway. So easier for me to get the home club to fix it (if they can) than to try and get them both to coordinate a resolution.

This seems very strange

Do you know if it's just your score that's no longer on CDH ?

D

Deleted member 15344

It must be somewhere as it is a permanent DB. If there is a real problem a quick phone call (sec will have details) should solve it.

Yeah that's why its a bit strange

It seems that when the system updates to CDH the score disappears ?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I assume the AWAY club entered and published the score. Your handicap secretary would have seen a notification when he/she next connects their HM database to the CDH. They have the option of accepting/declining the score.

I assume you don't see your AWAY score on the masterscoreboard? What course are you at FD?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, and that was what happened. Problem is that it subsequently disappeared - twice!

Thanks for the help folks, I understand how this works on its "happy path" but it seems it doesn't handle exceptions very well and the chain of events that occurred in this instance has clearly caused a problem.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just feel this is a case of the person who was on the PC has rejected the scores. Just a feeling but without actually sitting at your home clubs PC it is impossible to tell.

Hope it gets sorted.

I don't think that's the case. As I said, it did come across but subsequently vanished.

Anyway, everyone has been really helpful and swung into action and it looks like it might be sorted..... But I won't trust it until I see some other scores coming over without screwing this one up!