Castle Tees

iku

Head Pro
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who uses them regularly? If yes, why? I really can't see the advantage, not even with woods.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see alot more people using them these days. Especially the bright pink ones. They seem to be the "in" thing.

I suppose the advantage is that it gives you the same height tee shot every time.

Achilles

Challenge Tour Pro
www.cirencestergolfclub.co.uk
I use them for my driver, as Aztecs says, because it gives a consistent tee-height. No need to fanny around putting in the tee and readjusting it when over the ball. Also convenient in that I don't have to keep getting tees out of my bag / carry a load in my pocket. I've used the same tee for the last few rounds I think. :p

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See lots of people using them but I think they are soooooooooo wrong!

why are they soo wrong ?? :D

what do you use?

Because they are pink! :D

Personally I dont like em, as prefer to be able to alter the height of my tee depending on the wind direction - so instead I go through about 6/7 wooden tees each round

Each to their own though, it's just my preference

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
See lots of people using them but I think they are soooooooooo wrong!

why are they soo wrong ?? :D

what do you use?

Because they are pink! :D

Personally I dont like em, as prefer to be able to alter the height of my tee depending on the wind direction - so instead I go through about 6/7 wooden tees each round

Each to their own though, it's just my preference

This is the reason I use proper (;)) wooden tees too.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have always used standard wooden tees but can see the advantage of using the pink castle tees. As mentioned, it gives you a consistent tee height which, on trying, seems ideal for my i15.
I've yet to use one though, despite picking a few up during my past 3 or 4 rounds.
Just something I have in my head about hitting off of plastic tees. I've always used wooden ones. Just a preference, or habit, I guess, I will get round to giving a pink castle a try.

Achilles

Challenge Tour Pro
www.cirencestergolfclub.co.uk
I have always used standard wooden tees but can see the advantage of using the pink castle tees. As mentioned, it gives you a consistent tee height which, on trying, seems ideal for my i15.
I've yet to use one though, despite picking a few up during my past 3 or 4 rounds.
Just something I have in my head about hitting off of plastic tees. I've always used wooden ones. Just a preference, or habit, I guess, I will get round to giving a pink castle a try.

Do it Smiffy, you know you want to. I only started using them after finding one on the floor and wondering what it'd be like. Suffice to say I nailed the drive and put it all down to the tee! :D

Don't think I've used a wooden tee with my R9 since :)

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use the yellow jobbies, but the consistent height is what it's all about for me.

Thinking about going back to wooden numbers though, they just look the real deal.

TriggerTech

Head Pro
Visit site
Always use Castle Tees - consistent height and durable.

wouldnt recommend the silvers - way too high for drives

use the pinks for Driver
and Blue for irons.

For any of you "uncomfortable" types tescos sell the pink size tee in a testostrome purple

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always use Castle Tees - consistent height and durable.

use the pinks for Driver
and Blue for irons.

Absolutely the reason I now use them too. Pink for driver, blue for 3 wood and red for rescue and irons.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
used to use trainer tees but not any more, I'd rather use bio-degradeable wood that I can adjust as I need. plus I have this mind thing going that I have to find a broken wooden tee to use on a Par 3, it's not the same if you have to break one of your own.

played with a few who use the pink tees - why is it they can never find them?

what is it about castle tees that so many tie them together?

is it only people who use wooden tees that don't worry if they lose one?

A

Alex1975

I use them for driving as its one less thing to think about and gives me the same result every time. They also last forever.

S

Snelly

I use white castle tees for my driver and always have. If I want to hit the ball a bit lower then I will either push the castle tee further into the ground or use a 3 wood.

Careful adjustment of height to cater specifically for wind direction sounds too advanced for me. I am not that good to be able to control trajectory to a level of accuracy that demands this and tend to focus on hitting a drive hard and straight-ish rather than a pre-planned flightpath.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can just imagine the laughing and derisory comments already if I turned up to a scratch game or county event and put down a pink castle tee. I'm sorry but no way , each to their own but come on ....pink ffs , I find them occasionally by the sides of the tees so I just pick them up and throw them over to the ladies tee where they belong ;)