Carrick Neil golf insurance how to value equipment for insurance amount to be covered? + items purchased with cash what evidence to keep for proof?

AdamW

Visit site
I have insured for X amount of pounds worth of equipment with Carrick Neill after reading a lot of good reviews on the forum. How should i have valued the equipment when coming to this figure? All of the equipment was purchased second hand so i valued the equipment at the price paid? Is that correct or should it be valued at the cost it would be to buy new?

Also if anything is purchased in cash are pictures of the items enough proof for a claim if required?

Have fallen foul of insurance polices before so want to make sure everything is correct if i have to claim; which i hope i never do.

AdamW

Visit site
I've had a putter & rangefinder stolen in the past & all they wanted was a quote for the replacement. Never asked for proof of purchase. Very easy company to deal with.

That is good to hear, they was not the cheapest company but do not mind paying a bit more for peace of mind and less hassle

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read the terms and conditions to see what is covered new for old, the insured figure should represent the new price for items so insured.

AdamW

Visit site
Read the terms and conditions to see what is covered new for old, the insured figure should represent the new price for items so insured.

This is all i have been able to find after having a good scan but maybe i have missed the obvious(n)

Below does not really help though..

How much we will pay

Repair and replacement At our option we will repair, replace or pay for any lost or damaged item on the following basis
but in no event will we will pay more than the amount insured shown in the schedule for each
incident of loss:

1. For golf equipment that can be economically repaired, the cost of the repairs by a
preferred provider.

2. For current golf equipment that cannot be economically repaired, the cost of
replacement as new by a preferred provider.

3. For discontinued golf equipment other than vintage or antique golf equipment that
cannot be economically repaired, the cost of replacement with an item of a similar type or
equivalent specification with a preferred provider.