Carnoustie Tassie

evemccc

Visit site
I've just entered this. I gather its a cracking atmosphere and good week of golf / camaraderie on a hard-as-nails course....Has anyone experienced this comp?

D

Deleted member 23270

331 entries, 348 places. Very surprised, this used to fill up instantly. Personally I wouldn't bother again. Much prefer the Eden at St Andrews which is much more sociable. The Tassie is either play golf and go back to your digs or get hammered in the clubhouse every night. Nothing else to do in Carnoustie.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
331 entries, 348 places. Very surprised, this used to fill up instantly. Personally I wouldn't bother again. Much prefer the Eden at St Andrews which is much more sociable. The Tassie is either play golf and go back to your digs or get hammered in the clubhouse every night. Nothing else to do in Carnoustie.

Is the Eden a low handicap event?

D

Deleted member 23270

Is the Eden a low handicap event?
The entries are split into 2 halfs. One half is FCFS the 2nd half is ballot. If your handicap is any higher than about 2 or 3 you need to get in as soon as it opens.

StuartH90

Visit site
Looks like a great way to enjoy a week of competitive golf for good value.

Out of interest - do any of the other top courses have similar events (rather than on day opens)?