Carling cup final

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a neutral i loved it , ok maybe not technicaly the best game but a proper cup match . cardiff were out on their feet & dug in , was delighted for Kuyt one of the hardest working most honest professionals in the game , he finaly gets his medal , think it will temperarily [sp] paper over a few cracks in pools squad but will be interesting to see how they kick on from here .. didnt think Stevie G had a great game but hey they won & thats all that matters in a final .. well done the reds [oh the pain in my chest saying that :D:D]

P.S Charlie Adam for Scotland .. in Murrayfield tho :ears:

jpenno

Head Pro
Visit site
I was there yesterday and tha atmosphere in the ground was amazing, you could feel the fear amongst both sets of fans as the game edged towards extra time knowing that one goal would end it, the relief when Miller missed when clear through with a minute to go.

Then after Dirk scored and Cardiff managed a couple of corners in succession we knew that our weakness from corners would let us down.

Some poor perfomances from Liverpool players, henderson, adam and Gerrard made for an entertaining game.

Hoping to be back there in six weeks time for FA Cup semi finals;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was there yesterday and tha atmosphere in the ground was amazing, you could feel the fear amongst both sets of fans as the game edged towards extra time knowing that one goal would end it, the relief when Miller missed when clear through with a minute to go.

Then after Dirk scored and Cardiff managed a couple of corners in succession we knew that our weakness from corners would let us down.

Some poor perfomances from Liverpool players, henderson, adam and Gerrard made for an entertaining game.

Hoping to be back there in six weeks time for FA Cup semi finals;)

Yes, it was a good atmosphere in and around the stadium. Technically not the best of footy matches, but excitement wise I'm sure it kept the neutrals happy. I can imagine MOTD 2 was boss to watch, man u a last gasp winner, the arsenal game and our game must have been a good watch.

Glad to get the Wembley/6 year drought monkey off our back. FA cup win would be a fantastic season, if we got champs lge as well, it would be amazing. I'd take one of the two now though.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
As it stands, Liverpool are now in Europe. If Liverpool managed to snatch one of the top four spots in the PL, would Cardiff then be entered into Europe?

Or, if Liverpool qualify for the Europa league via their league position, would Cardiff get into the Europa cup off the back of the Carling cup?

City fan here, gutted, but proud of the club, not been on for quite a while now but thought I would clarify that Cardiff would have had to win the cup to qualify for europe and will not be getting in as losing finalists, that place will go to a Premier league side further down the pecking order if Liverpool make europe through another avenue.

Jack991

Assistant Pro
Visit site
City fan here, gutted, but proud of the club, not been on for quite a while now but thought I would clarify that Cardiff would have had to win the cup to qualify for europe and will not be getting in as losing finalists, that place will go to a Premier league side further down the pecking order if Liverpool make europe through another avenue.

How did stoke qualify for Europe this year then cause I thought it was as losing FA Cup finalists ?