Car Repair Question

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My car is within it's three year warrenty and has to go to the garage, dispay says engine fault and the amber engine warning light is showing.

Car was bought from Evans Halshaw.

question is, even though it is a citroen are Evans Halshaw Peaugot likely to be able to fix it as their garage is a mile away and the citroen one nearly 10.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it is under dealer warrenty, then its up to the dealer to sort it out, I.e get it to the garage 10 miles away. If the dealer warrenty is out but manufacturer is still intact then I would imagine its up to you to get it to the garage 10 miles away.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it's happened today so phoning the garage tomorrow and see what is what.

the worry with letting them pick it up and the like is the time it will take. because of lack of public transport round here (would take 3 hours to get to work rather than a 30 minute drive) I need it back sooner rather than later.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Obv you will have to take it in, Can they nopt give you a courtesy car? It may be something that will take them 5 mins, it could be something simple that needs reseting and you could drive away within half an hour.

All they have to do is plug a laptop into the ECU and get a fault code, then they will now how long it will take. I have had engine lights on before and have been able to drive the car away without the problem being fixed.

Are you in the AA? RAC? Cause you could get the vehicle recovered and get a courtesy car from them if your covered?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Peugeot and Citroen more often than not have exactly the same management systems so the diagnostic equipment at the peugeot garage should do the job fine.

Obviously it is within warranty but check the terms as I believe with the citroen warranty, you are required to take the vehicle to a citroen dealer.

The actual diagnostic check is a 5min job but obviously there may be repairs required.