Can't hit my irons anymore

adevries

Visit site
I got new clubs that are two degrees upright and an inch longer than I'm used to. I swung them perfectly until I went on spring break and took golf off for a week. When I came back I couldn't hit my irons anymore. So, I don't think that its because of my new clubs because I was swinging them perfectly before. When I go on the driving range I hit the ball perfect the first five times then it goes downhill from there. Usually, the ball goes short right with not very much ball flight. My coach can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tend to stand close to the ball and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would agree with Homer.

I am set up the same - 2 deg upright and one inch longer than standard but I am 6ft 5 . It is not just height that governs the adjustment as it it depends on a measurement to the ground too.

If you are only 5ft 6, they are probably not set correctly !!

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
does not sound like a technique problem if the first few are fine and the coach can't see the problem. Maybe you are tensing up and trying too hard, or focusing on mechanics trying to figure out exactly how you hit those good shots and suddenly your rhythm goes.

Try and clear your mind of swing thoughts and mechanics, swing loose and smooth and get into a nice easy rhythm.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What was your normal range of gross score with the 'bag' you had before? What's your normal shot shape? What reasons were given, by whom, for the different lie & length of your new clubs, is it some sort of swing change? or are you a junior or intermediate who has grown some?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow those clubs cannot be the right length for you. Please go and see a professional! I think he/she will also help you with your grip because it needs some work IMO.

The sooner you get that grip perfect the better, no point working on anything else before then.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks very 'wristy' to me and hence too unpredictable. But agree with previous post, change your coach and see a PGA pro who will sort it pdq

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In fact, try to copy everything about that position!

Grip needs attention and stance seems a little wide, but don't lose that rhythm - it's gorgeous!