Cant hit a 3 iron

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Since the snow has cleared i cant hit a 3 iron straight, i always hit the ball way right with it(push then it fades) :(. My divots are ball before turf but just cant seem to hit it straight :(. Is it just the case to flip the hands over more?

By the way every other club i can hit straight :D

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an addiction i think :eek: i need to hit it at least once a round :p.

Hybrid? Ill do a Brendy on this one :D

Could possibly go for a lesson, if the pro is actually there tomorrow

scozzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
maybe yr hands(& arms?) are getting a bit left behind with your hip rotation & your not getting thru the impact area with the longer shaft by a fraction & thats the block right there? just a thought,happens to me in reverse when i quicken up & "spin out" of my swing & drag everything left!!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You could be getting frustrated and hitting it too hard, leaving your hands behind and the clubface open.
Try and keep your arms swinging together with your upper body and dont thrash it.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since the snow has cleared i cant hit a 3 iron straight, i always hit the ball way right with it(push then it fades) :(. My divots are ball before turf but just cant seem to hit it straight :(. Is it just the case to flip the hands over more?

By the way every other club i can hit straight :D

Absolutely smash a 4 iron?? ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another vote for trying to hit it too hard. It's 1/2" longer and 3° different to a club you hit fine. It's in your heed that you have to get the ball in the air, and to do that you think you must hit it harder.

Ok, that's me. But it might apply to you as well.

NeilWebb

Visit site
Learn to have full commitment and trust in the club, have a practice, I play my 3 iron a lot and boy what a club, I average 250+ yards and that's in the winter, I can hit a 3 iron shot over 275 yards when hit well. Pure and straight.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Do what I have done in the past when I've bought a set of irons that comes with a 3.
Take it out, put it in the back of the wardrobe and leave it there.
Then, when you decide to sell the clubs on, make sure it is the 3 iron that you photograph in "close up" to let prospective buyers see how clean they are.
;)

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Learn to have full commitment and trust in the club, have a practice, I play my 3 iron a lot and boy what a club, I average 250+ yards and that's in the winter, I can hit a 3 iron shot over 275 yards when hit well. Pure and straight.

Whats your name?? Seve?

All you have talked about is your 3 iron.

What 3 iron do you use?
You mention before it was a strong 3 iron, was that referring to the shot or the club?
What shaft does it have in it?
Why is your H/C so high if you hit the ball so far?
Do you hit the 3 iron further than your driver or does than average 315+ in the winter?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Whats your name?? Seve?

All you have talked about is your 3 iron.

What 3 iron do you use?
You mention before it was a strong 3 iron, was that referring to the shot or the club?
What shaft does it have in it?
Why is your H/C so high if you hit the ball so far?
Do you hit the 3 iron further than your driver or does than average 315+ in the winter?

Talking of 3 irons, switched to the mp32's for a round yesterday and had a few shots with the 3 iron (blade) and hit them sweet. Obviously no where near as far as our friend here who hits it 275 plus :rolleyes:. Only about 210, but happy with that in cold conditions and wind. :D