Can you hit TWO Identical shots in a row ?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw two pros hit the same shot on the same hole, Aphibarnrat and don't remember the other guy in the same group, on the 8th first shot lands right of the green, rolls down a small ridge and holes out in the sprinkler head hole, second guy on the tee some 190yds away goes and does exactly the same thing, ball lands on ridge and rolls into sprinkler head.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Did this on Saturday's comp.
Hooked my drive into the trees about 200 yards downrange, took a provisional and did the same again. Found my first ball within a foot of my provisional.
At least I'm consistent! :D

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Depends on your perspective as to what's identical, nobody can hit two 101% identical shots, I mean we're talking exactly the same swing speed, ball speed, impact point on the club face, amount of ball compression and a multitude of other things that need to be taken into account as well, things such as angle of attack, trajectory, ball flight, fade or draw etc etc...

In a nutshell, no can do, not possible, billions to one chance let alone one after the other...

On the other hand if yer asking me if I can hit 6 shots from 150yds with a 7i and put them all on the front of the green then the answer is 'Yep' did so on Saturday morning... :thup:

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
It depends on the shot and the tolerances for your definition of "identical". I can hit the same shot 100 times in a row if it's a 1" putt!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I was getting down to low 80s/high 70s I spent time practicing particular drives on the course.

Down the 18th I hit 5 drives that were all within a few paces of each other. Very tightly grouped in the middle of the fairway but not exactly the same.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
It seems to be much easier (and much more common) to hit two very similar misses in a row than two similar good shots. We probably all have sliced two balls out of bounds off the tee at some point. Then again, at least whilst playing, when you hit a good shot, there normally is no reason to hit the same shot again, so that's probably why it does not happen that often.

What struck me about the video though was that the spectators were just too lazy to get out of the way after the first failed attempt. I would have moved.