Can you get a high ball flight with strong grip?

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
I went to the range yesterday and changed my grip to natural from stronger, It didnt feel that comfortable but my ball flight was alot better but my accuracy suffered a bit.
I play with a strong grip 3 to 3 and half knuckles shown on left hand and am worried about my ball flight. I don't seem to get the ball as high as other golfers I play with.The distance's Im happy with maybe a bit to far sometimes with lower irons as my ball flight is lower. So can you have a high ball flight with a strong grip? or should I change to neutral and keep practicing.

Cheers for help

ps .my handicap is 14 by the way

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd say persist with the neutral grip for a while and see if you get used to it. It will certailny give you a higher ball flight.

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
have you got any pointers for a good neutral grip. should your left thumb go straight down grip. i always been a bit frustrated with my grip and would like to get a grip now and stick with it. When I try and use a neutral grip it feels quite loose it that normal.

cheers

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
have you got any pointers for a good neutral grip. should your left thumb go straight down grip. i always been a bit frustrated with my grip and would like to get a grip now and stick with it. When I try and use a neutral grip it feels quite loose it that normal.

cheers

If your thumb goes straight down the grip is that not a weak grip? I think a neutral grip the v between your thumb and hand should point to your right shoulder (with both hands)

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
When I grip the club normally both v,s point to right shoulder and can see 3 and half knuckle,s. I would say thats a strongish grip. i think it the the little dent in your wrist if thats inline with club shaft that neutral grip, left weak, right strong.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I grip the club normally both v,s point to right shoulder and can see 3 and half knuckle,s. I would say thats a strongish grip. i think it the the little dent in your wrist if thats inline with club shaft that neutral grip, left weak, right strong.

My hands must be funny then cos when the v is towards my shoulder I can barely see 2 knuckles and the pro I have been going to reckons it is a neutral grip, who am I to argue.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A neutral grip

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg