Can u recomend any good golf clubs in fife?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi forum folk,i might be moving from glasgow to fife(within 30 miles of dundee),and i am looking for a decent club to join that welcomes beginers.A short game practice area and good lessons/coaching would be perfect,any ideas? Cheers. :D

T

thecraw

I can highly recommend Stevek's place, Scotscraig, its very nice and I believe they have membership available.

Other than that, look at a map of fife and pick any one of the gems that dot its coast.

Lucky beggar!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scotscraig is one of the best in the area and its 5 miles from Dundee. At present there is no waiting list and would roughly take 6 weeks to get in.
The course is playable all year round with no mats or winter greens and is a good test of golf so much so The Open qualifying is there this year.
The practise area is good and actually just now being done up for the qualifying, our pro Craig Mackie is a good guy and has a good reputation for coaching any level from high to low handicaps and is reasonably priced. I'll put up the link to the website so can have a look or if fancy a game get in touch.

www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thats the thing,i dont know yet! Waiting to find out if my wife gets job in dundee,where i will be working too,between newport on tay and st andrews,north east most likely.We dont mind a long drive however so anything in fife(or even angus)would be great if it meets my criteria.Cheers. :D

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What amazing value for money as well!! Not like the rip-off prices they charge for membership down South.

I am sure you will enjoy..

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks very much stevek1969,it looks lovely,when i find out more i will contact you asap,much appreciated! Anyone else got any ideas? :)

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
No brainer Deke, got to be Scotscraig. We play it every winter (£25 a round) and it is always in superb condition.

If it doesn't float your boat. Drumoig is pretty good, excellent practice facilities too.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've played Scotscraig a number of times on golfing trips to Scotland and really rate it.
If I lived nearby, I would have absolutely no hesitation in joining.
Cracking course.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pitlochrys a great course but its an hour from Dundee and under 3ft of snow all winter, St Micheals not bad track wide open front 9 ,back 9 bit better really struggling finance wise about 9 miles from Dundee.Drumoig bit of trek ,with some nice holes a bit exposed at times and the practise facilities ie the driving range have went right down hill since the National Golf Center went tits up.
Monifieth is a nice course just outside Dundee with 2 courses the Medal is a nice track and the shorter Ludie course both are very busy weekends and you could get balloted out.

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Panmuir always gets good reviews. Don't know how to join them but the St.Andrews Links Trust might be worth a shout. I play at Elie and recommend it for a visit but getting into it could be a problem they have only just closed the application window.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If i was moving up that way, i'd be joining Carnoustie if i had the chance. Reasonable price for a membership, but i'm not sure how long the waiting list is. I'm sure there's one or two forumers that are members there.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow,carnoustie looks unreal value! Am i missing something,or can you really play 3 courses including one of scotlands finest,for £140 a year? Surely too good to be true? Is it super hard to get in or something? Hmmm..... :D

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
No mate thats a lot of cack, you will get a ticket first to play the Buddon course which is ok then you move up the list in a few years time then you get a ticket for the Burnside course and you've no chance of getting a ticket for all 3 as its dead mens shoes plus you have to stay in Angus first of all.